“Fantastic Selection of Seafood”
Review of Pearlz Oyster Bar

Pearlz Oyster Bar
Ranked #210 of 2,730 Restaurants in Charlotte
Reviewed 17 June 2017

We had oysters on the half shell, steamed clams and a wonderful dish called the "seafood tower." Plenty of crab and other delicious items in the tower. Could use a slice of avocado with it. I also ordered the corn fritters to dip into the very tasty broth with the clams. Everywhere we looked patrons were ordering and reordering various shellfish dishes. Afterward there was a Salsa band playing in the nearby courtyard and topped off a neat evening.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

John, Thank you for joining us at Pearlz! We are so glad that we were able to provide you with a pleasant dining experience! Thank you so much for the kind review, and we hope to have you come back again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

.......and found it. In the Charlotte area overnight and wanted seafood before I returned to my desert home, really! Fresh steamed oysters, NICE SIZED shrimp, fried oysters, and great service...YUMMY and I'm done!

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for dining with us at Pearlz Oyster Bar! We are so happy that you enjoyed dining with us, and we hope to have you back for lunch or dinner very soon.

Cheers,
Lauren

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick dinner and everything was just ok. Friendly staff though.

Steamed oysters were yummy, my hubby's tacos were good and my pasta was ok, somewhat bland. They did make it special for me since they normally use chicken broth.

Not that I am a huge fried food fan, but I was going to try the fried shrimp only to find out they fry everything in the same oil. Being vegetarian, this is just gross and I would hope they change this policy.

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We will use this information to improve the dining experience for our customers. You are valued greatly as a customer and we hope you will return!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I loved the selection of oysters! I ended up getting a tuna steak for dinner which was pretty good too. I wish the prices were a little lower, but it was good seafood!

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Hello Jaime!

Thank you for choosing Pearlz! We are glad you enjoyed the oysters & Tuna Steak while dining with us! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We found this restaurant by way of Trip Advisor. We were driven to CLT from Roanoke, Va after our Delta plane had mechanical issues which would have prevented us from making our connection to Tuscon. So, we Ubered our way across town to Pearlz. They did not take reservations and were casual dress. We waited about 30 minutes for our table but got seated at the bar after about 5 mins just in time to finish off a dozen oysters on the half shell. I've never seen so many choices of oyster. They also describe how each varies based on where it was caught. The minionette sauce was great and very different from cocktail sauce. My wife had the shrimp and grits which were "amazing"...spicy but not too over powering. The corn fritters were also fantastic, much lighter than hush puppies and sweet. The fried oyster plate was perfect with the home made chips and slaw. Dorin was our servor who was very efficient but didn't act rushed. He never let our glasses of tea get lower than half. Travis, the manager came over to check on us and heard our travel woe. He gave us a slice of Red Velvet Cheesecake on the house for our travel troubles. Thanks guys, you made an otherwise difficult day/evening into a very special experience.

thanksfordining, Public Relations Manager at Pearlz Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Thanks so much for choosing Pearlz and your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience. We hope you will visit us again soon and that the remainder of your travels are safe and easy! Cheers!