“As expected for Marriott Renaissance - Garage has no elevator...”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #26 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Other than the garage (see below), I highly recommend.

This is what I expected from a Renaissance property - great location, competent service, nice room (asked for upgrade, but not sure if I received one), upgraded toiletries, etc. A great night's sleep on an incredibly comfortable bed. Room service is the new "Box to go" style. Didn't want to like it, but actually pleasantly surprised.

So, why only 4 stars?? Self parking in the attached garage provides no elevator service... As we arrived late and self parked, we needed to trudge from the top of the 3 story parking garage down 3 flights of stairs and enter the hotel through the convention space. For me, no big deal. But my wife had one of those "monster" suitcases and I played bellhop. I'm sure I'm not the only guest to recommend an elevator for the garage, but also understand the financial commitment involved.

Room Tip: Pack light - no elevator to garage if you self park
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Kris H, General Manager at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

MarkandBetsey,

I am so glad that you were so pleased with almost every aspect of your visit. I do apologize for the lack of an elevator in our garage. Next time just pull up to the front door and our bellmen will be more than happy to assist with all of your luggage.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stayed at this hotel for my birthday in Charlotte. Upon arrival, we wanted to valet the car. There was no doorman or valet person. I went into the front entrance and I asked about valet. The front desk said that he'd be back in a few minutes and proceeded to check me in. Upon check in, we still waited a few more minutes before valet arrived. The room was nice, although we were told when making our reservation that we would be on club level due to our Marriott points and were indeed not. We got drinks at a high top table Saturday night in their bar area and the service was lacking. The server was very nice, but there should have been 2 people working. We had to walk up to the bar to ask for a menu and again to order.

Overall, the atmosphere of the hotel is great, but their service is lacking.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Jennifer S

I am so very sorry that the service that you received was not that of what we expect at our hotel. Our goal is always to show all of our guests that they are our number one priority. Clearly we missed the mark during your visit.

A birthday should be a carefree experience where we go out of our way to assist in your celebration, not what you experienced, for that we are sorry.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Absolutely wonderful front desk staff! When our family checked in, we were given a brief tour of the lobby area, restaurant suggestions, and a menu from the on-site restaurant to take to our room. Great location, very safe and pretty area, and within walking distance to several restaurants. We usually stay at 3-star hotels... the level of service at this 4-star hotel was most definitely a notch (or more) above.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
KKPillay, Sr. Manager Guest Experience at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hello JLStella,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and great location. Thanks also for recognizing our wonderful Ambassadors. I hope you got to relax in our courtyard. We have a 100+ year old tree in our courtyard that provides shade and a gorgeous place to relax in one of our cabana-style outdoor seating area. We look forward to hosting you again soon. Many thanks and safe travels!

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I love this hotel. They sure know how to spoil you. Danny in the front and the lounge staff are all great and provide superior customer service! I can't wait to return. And the workout room is one of the best.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Hello kdiddyseattle,

We love your tagline! Thank you for your kind recognition of Danny and our Concierge Lounge ambassadors. We are proud to have them on our team. Thanks also for recognizing our fitness center. I hope you got to enjoy our indoor pool next to the fitness center. We appreciate your loyalty and thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Charlotte – we know you had many choices!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Upon driving into the hotel entrance, it was very confusing as to where exactly the guest check in actually was. I must say that I was a little put off too when the attendant greeted me by saying "please kill your lights, you're blinding the ladies in the lobby" I would have at least expected a "Good Evening" first, or something. Our room was very nice, and very clean. I must say too that I found the parking spaces extremely narrow, and many cars took more than one space because they simply couldn't fit in one. Check out was easy and no issues. The hotel did offer complimentary coffee in the morning, but that was about it. I don't think this would be our choice next time we come to Charlotte, but I won't rule it out completely just yet.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
KKPillay, Sr. Manager Guest Experience at Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hello Phillip A,

Greetings from the Queen City! We appreciate your candid feedback. I’m very sorry we did not accord a warm welcome to you. We will work hard to make this better. Thanks for recognizing our clean rooms. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in Charlotte – we know you had many choices. Many thanks and safe travels!