“Wonderful hotel to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary”

Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel
Ranked #23 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The Renaissance Charlotte Southpark is a beautiful hotel-very chic and modern. The decor is outstanding. The hotel smells wonderful from all the candles and diffusers placed around the hallways. Our suite was perfect. It is close to downtown Charlotte and across the street from Southpark Mall. Even though we live in town, I plan to return.

Room Tip: book online
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I visited this hotel several years ago when it was a Hyatt and was wonderful. As a Rennaisance Hotel it left nothing to be desired. I requested a no feather room only to find a feathered room when we arrived, no hair-dryer in room, and no coffee for coffee maker. Of course we only noticed the missing hairdryer and coffee in the morning after our shower. After waiting about 45 minutes for the hairdryer we requested my husband finally went downstairs to retrieve both coffee and a dryer. It took about 10 minutes for him to get service. After a day outside we looked forward to a refreshing swim in the pool. Unfortunately it was in an unairconditioned glassed-in room and felt like a sauna. Not what we were hoping for in 98 degree weather. On a positive note, the bed was very comfortable after we received the correct coverlet and the hotel is in a wonderful location. However, there are several other hotels in the vicinity and you can bet we'll choose one of those next trip!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshinestateofmind
Reviewed 25 May 2011

We stayed at this hotel for Valentine's Day weekend. We are fans of Renaissance Hotels and this one did not disappoint. The hotel, in general, is nicely decorated, trendy, modern. The location is great, close to the mall and a quick drive to great places for entertainment/food. We did not have any trouble with parking and the staff was friendly. Overall, we had a great experience and we would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Located near the South Park mall, but very quiet and relaxing. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. They provided Aveda brand toiletries, including conditioner. The staff was friendly, and the breakfast buffet was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I have been staying at this property back since it was the Hyatt over 15 years ago. I was very pleased with the renovations and the rooms were comfortable and up to date with flat screen tv's and comfortable bedding. In the last year I have stayed at this particular property over 12 nights. I THOUGHT that I would get the same experience again but it was a royal pain in the back side. Not a total disaster but pretty darn inconvenient. I checked in Saturday night and the room was small and odd shaped, the internet was spotty. the next morning they moved me to another room but I had NO internet. As I was visiting family but working from the hotel room this was a deal killer. Over the next three days of my stay they proceeded to move me to 5 different rooms, some smelled like the pool, one had no desk, most had no internet. I was transferred to customer 'no' service and was on hold for over an hour before hanging up and tried this multiple times. Spoke to the manager and all of the suites were taken up by the Marriott executives who were in town (guess we know who they value the most), she ended up putting me in a very small room that had internet working in it, close to the elevator, close to the ice machine. Everybody i spoke with was nice and polite and 'understood' my frustrations but they were POWERLESS to do anything about it. I think it might be time to switch back to the Westin downtown.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business