“Wonderful Family Environment ”
Review of Sunrise Restaurant

Sunrise Restaurant
Ranked #406 of 2,429 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Sunrise has been opened in the same location since the late eighties.
The weekly special (eggs prepared to order, choice of bacon, sausage, Turkey sausage or fried bologna, grits or hash browns, and your choice of toast or biscuits is a GREAT bargain at $4.35. Even their coffee is priced moderately and it is fresh, hot and delicious.
I was served by a very attentive server who was also polite and personable.
Place this would make a fortune in my home town in Florida.
☆☆☆☆☆

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sunrise Restaurant

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best spots. You would not think it was anything special. But the truth is Yes A Very Nice place. Food is Great and Freshly Prepared. Service is great. Tons of Regulars. Families order carry out every evening. Stop in

Reviewed 10 November 2016

My husband and I decided to have breakfast at Sunrise this morning. Sunrise is a diner with breakfast, sandwiches, pasta dishes, hamburgers, and dinner plates that are the home cooked style. It serves, breakfast all day, and is open for lunch and dinner as well. It is rather small and several of the booth seats need to be reupholstered. I hate sitting on a seat that has cracks...never know what's inside them...

The sanitation grade has come up to 97 which made me very happy!

I’ve posted about the Sunrise before about dinner, so let me talk to you about breakfast. We had the breakfast special which comes with your choice of either one or two eggs cooked the way you want them, bacon or sausage, grits or hash browns, and toast or biscuits. Your coffee or soft drink is additional of course.

The breakfast plates are huge and I’m sorry to say I forgot to take pictures. I ordered scrambled eggs, grits and bacon. One half of my plate was grits, the other half was eggs and my two slices of bacon lay on top of both. I ordered toast. I should tell you that the plates are the big oval kind.

My husband ordered his eggs over easy, hash browns and sausage. He ordered biscuits. The biscuits were huge, made from scratch, and he said they were good. My eggs were good and the bacon was cooked perfectly -- crispy and not under-cooked or overcooked. My grits were yellow today so I think they may have added cheese, which I don’t usually like, but they tasted good. I just couldn’t eat them all!

For breakfast, Sunrise also has pancakes, waffles – all the usual breakfast items and for those of you who like it, they even have liver mush!

I love the breakfasts here and I think you will, too!

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Low key cheap diner. Always breakfast available. Always friendly staff, nice owner, we've been eating here for years.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

I have eaten at the Sunrise since it was a breakfast only restaurant and transitioned to an all day restaurant. We have not been in a while because their sanitation grade had dropped below a 94 and that’s my limit for eating anywhere; today it had a 98.
Tonight I had the cured ham sub. The sandwich itself is good, but I hate those large steak fries they offer as a side. The sides are a cup of soup, salad, or fries. I got the fries because the soup was vegetable and they put beans in the soup which I don’t like. The fries are never cooked completely, I guess because they’re so big.
I do like their baked spaghetti and the baked chicken with stuffing that is a special on Tuesdays, I think.

They remodeled a few years ago and it looks a lot better, even though it is looking a little worn out now. That carpet just has to go – it’s so dirty looking. The booth seats used to have large splits in them before they remodeled, and that just creeped me out…no telling what’s down in there! I just cant sit in a seat that is torn or taped up.

Anyway the food is mostly home cooked style which I really don’t like because it’s kind of “country style”. I do like the stuffing that comes with the baked chicken and I usually order double stuffing. They used to have the most wonderful homemade chicken soup, but since we haven’t been in a while I don’t know if it is still good or not; they have a different soup every day. I like the BLT sandwiche, the cured ham sub, and the French dip sandwich. My co-workers and I meet there for breakfast sometimes and I love the breakfast. The special consists of two eggs cooked any way you want it, bacon or sausage, hash browns or grits, and toast or biscuits. I usually get scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, and toast. You get tons of grits and they are very good. The price for breakfast is fair and much better than its competition’s for what you get. I actually like the breakfast better than the dinner items and they do serve breakfast all day. Oh, yeah, they have liver mush as an option for those of you who eat that.

The clientele is mostly senior citizens, but people of all ages do eat there. I’ve noticed in the last three years though, that the customer base is dropping and it’s not very busy like it used to be. Not sure why, but I do hope they don’t close…