“WOW! What a treasure!”

Edgewater Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Edgewater Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 2,351 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 29
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: University City North
Description: We offer approachable elegant dining amidst a beautiful waterfront setting. Choose from an array of contemporary interpretations of American dishes with a Southern twist. With something to please every taste for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Edgewater Bar & Grille is the perfect place to begin your day or settle down for the evening. Join us for your most memorable dining occasions, whether a business meal, a lovely breakfast by the lake, a romantic dinner for two, or a special time with family and friends. *Located in the Hilton Charlotte University Place.
“WOW! What a treasure!”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

In the process of selecting a restaurant for my son and his future brides rehearsal dinner, my sister and I went to several restaurants in this area. None were what I wanted. A Tripadvisor search brought us to The Lakefront Restaurant at the Hilton at University Place. Wow! Our first meal there was dinner. We were so impressed. Our next meal was lunch. Again Wow! My choice was made. We had a wonderful, beautiful and so delicious dinner. All the guests raved about the food. My aunt needed gluten free. Even though that wasn't on the menu, Andrew made food for her that was so very good. I have since taken my nephew there for his high school graduation dinner. I will definitely go back when I can.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Greenville, South Carolina
“The definition of average.”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

After seeing reviews on tripadvisor which gave it a rating of #5 out of over 1100 Charlotte restaurants, my wife and I decided to give it a shot. Waaay overrated. Steaks were not cooked as ordered and not of a high quality. Seasonings were overpowering, with no nuance. Sits on a small lake, so view was ok, but atmosphere of a sterile hotel restaurant, which it is. Top 100 restaurant, maybe. Top 5, no way.

• Visited August 2011
Richmond, Virginia
“Food was excellent and very unique.”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Delicious and unique. I had the shrimp in cheese grits, excellent. The price is very reasonable. Causal dress is not a problem.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank pnaughton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My cousin's Jacqueline's Wedding”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Elenna Horsky did a fabulous job at making our dining experience exceptional. She was courteous and caring. The food was good too! I asked her her name and a way I could let this corporation what an asset she is to your company. Without a doubt I will be dining at the Lakefront Restaurant when I am in Charlotte, or any one of your fine establishments. Thanks! Tall lady visiting from Philadelphia

Visited June 2011
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Exceptional - we will be back!”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Our family celebrated my parent's 48th wedding anniversary at Lakefront Restaurant. We had never been to this establishment before, but decided to try it based upon published reviews. When we first walked in at 7:30pm, there was not another soul in the restaurant, which left us wondering if the reviews had been written by restaurant employees. Thankfully, our initial impressions were dispelled the minute our food arrived.

We started out with a delicious bruschetta appetizer and a bottle of red wine that was recommended by our server, Jason. The bruschetta was enjoyed by all (including those who aren't particularly fond of tomatoes), and the wine was a total hit (so much so that we took pictures of the label so that we could buy it again).

Our server was able to describe with ease the characteristics and preparation methods for each entree. Several members of our party ordered the beef tenderloin (soooooooo yummy!!!), one person ordered the chicken confit (also very good, but would choose the beef over the chilcken next time), and my father chose the crab cakes. Every dish we tried was exceptional! The steaks were perfectly prepared, incredibly flavorful, and melt-in-your mouth tender. My father (who is a crab-cake connoisseur) said the crab cakes were the "best he has ever had." We crowned our meal with a shared slice of bananas foster cheesecake that was simply to die for! Portions were plentiful, so there was no way we could handle more than just a bite or two of dessert; but it was so good that I would consider making a special trip into Charlotte (a 30 minute drive for us) just for dessert some other time.

We could not have asked for a better experience! The service, food, and atmosphere were just perfect, and our Chef (Andrew) even came out to introduce himself and personally wish my parents a happy anniversary. Apparently, this restaurant is Charlotte's best kept secret. We will definitely be back!!!

• Visited June 2011