“Great Service”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Neighbourhood: University City North
Neighbourhood: University City North
Reviewed 16 April 2013

After eating healthy food all weekend long, I was excited for a nice steak. Smokey has great steak and their burger is absolutely amazing. Harrison was our server and he was great.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This is BBQ from a chain restaurant, and honestly there isnt anything SO bad about that. However, the food is average at best, poor is some cases. The food is also overpriced. Frankly, I don't know how they stay in business. Must be the proximity to a large hotel. Want some ribs or BBQ? Go to Shane's Rib Shack down the street.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The staff was friendly and efficient. Food is ok - nothing special. Chicken soup had very little taste, pork cuban was good, dessert shots aren't worth the money - just cake in a tiny glass. The staff is the best part of this restaurant!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Nice BBQ joint, some of the best riibs around. Walking distance to the Hilton. They also now have some great salads and burgers, nice bar area with many beers on tap.

Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

Just came out on a week night and my hope for this place is they are on the A game more on weekend nights. It was slightly later than the supper rush but they had a manageable crowd in my opinion.

I had no real complaints about the food. Everyone at the table with me enjoyed their meal. I had the ribs and pulled pork. Ribs were great, pulled pork a little dry. I was wondering if maybe I just got the last of the earlier diner's tidbits that mine may not have been as moist...I dunno.

There is absolutely nothing askew with the menu or price for a restaurant in a metropolitan area like Charlotte.

The waitstaff was nominal at best. I really don't put ALL the blame there it all starts with good management and leadership. Long wait time between beverages and taking the food order. No utensils after meal was brought (I didn't realize was missing until my plate had arrived)

I'm hopeful that the real problem from beginning of the typical dinner service on a weeknight to closing was bad follow through (golfer analogy) Provably had a great beginning but not strong to the finish and THAT my friends is what brings back customers.