“Lunch spot”

Akropolis Restaurant
Ranked #962 of 2,599 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed this spot for lunch. We had gyro platters and fries. It was delicious and lots of food! It's a convenient spot for lunch near the corporate park area.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

This place is great for a quick bite to eat during the lunch hour. The food is great and the service is wonderful. I especially love their traditional Greek salad with chicken and their pita bread.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

I have eaten my fair share of Gyros and Shawarmas. Without a doubt, this was the worst Gyro I've ever encountered. Precooked gyro meat, obviously soaked in some broth medium for quick serving. It was gray, flavorless and spongy with about 4 pieces of the stuff in my pita. The runny white sauce that I assume was supposed to be tzatziki might as well been watered down skim milk. The french fries were of the frozen crinkle cut variety and they were limp. 2 bites of meat and 1 bite of the pita and 1 fry and I left. I should have followed my instinct and gone next door to the pizza place because the line was out the door. 2 tables with people in the Akropolis. I went next door and stood in line at the pizza place to get my meal(very good). A complete waste of > $8. Only thing worth having was the ice water with lemon. Awful

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

I stopped for the avgolemono soup, spanokopita, small Greek salad. I'm a Greek and have eaten some very authentic food prepared by Greeks. What I had was pretty mediocre. It wasn't terrible but I have had much better. The cleanliness of the place could be improved as well. The waitress was very nice but the owner wasn't a very friendly fella, but very polite. I don't believe he was Greek, at least not the typical boisterous Greek restaurant owner who I enjoy watching run his business. The vibe of the place wasn't very Greek-like. I was kind of disappointed. Not terrible but I'm not sure if I'll comeback.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Not much ambiance, but the everything we've had has been fresh and tasty.

Great french fries.

Very good gyros and greek salad.