“Beautiful hotel but poor bedding”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dunhill Hotel

The Dunhill Hotel
Ranked #43 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Beautiful hotel but poor bedding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is a beautiful hotel located in downtown Charlotte. It's conveniently located and beautifully decorated but it was one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had. The bed was very lumpy and the pillows as well. My back and neck were so sore the next morning from so little support.
Also, the air conditioning system was poor. I couldn't get my room cooler than 74 degrees
The bathroom was beautiful with all updated fixtures.
If it weren't for the bed and pillows, I would rate this hotel a 5!

Room Tip: Ask for a bed with an updated mattress and soft pillows
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hannah H
, General Manager at The Dunhill Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is extremely helpful to us as we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. I am very sorry that the bed and pillows were not comfortable during your stay. We have replaced the mattress pad in your room and are in the process of upgrading our pillows as we speak. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Charlotte so that we can provide you with a great stay and an even better nights sleep. Please contact me directly to make those arranements.
Craig Spitzer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is very clean and well kept. The staff is very helpful and friendly. It is well located in the downtown area. Many attractions are nearby and in walking distance. The parking garage is right next door and is very convenient. We highly recommend this hotel when in Charlotte, NC.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Aiken, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here when attending a wedding at a nearby church. The staff was helpful and solicitous, and the hotel was convenient to lots of attractions and restaurants though I think I would go back just for the shower. It had three jets! (I understand not all rooms had that however). It is one of the Historic Hotels of America. Those have never been a disappointment.

• Stayed June 2012
Wake Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Thanks to the great staff and the historic charm this place is a great place to stay. We had a wonderful King bed and loved the bath amenities. It is the perfect spot to stay for a weekend getaway. Close to lots of downtown restaurants and activities. We also enjoyed the food at breakfast the next morning. Freshly made and delicious! Try the Gluten free foccacia it is great and the coffee is perfect. We own a B&B so we are fussy about our coffee! Thanks for a great stay, we will be back!

Room Tip: We were up on the 7th floor, I would chose there or higher to get away from traffic.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We decided to spend the Memorial day weekend in town and I booked the hotel via Priceline. I was hoping I will get a regular hotel but I got Dunhill. I used to work next door to it and Dunhill always intrigue me. I tried to get Priceline to change the hotel after reading the reviews about how small the rooms are. The room is indeed small say 10' * 20'. It has 1 queen bed and mini-twin pull-out sofa bed. We have four people in our party so we need something for the fourth person. Dunhill gave us a rollaway bed. Once the beds are down we could not move around in the room, you have to be agile to get around. The hotel staff were very service oriented and were always eager to please. The hotel was a good break from the usual chain and it is in the middle of everything downtown Charlotte all the restaurants, football stadium, basketball arena etc. The one interesting thing is how thin the walls are. You could hear sex sounds from the neighbors so I will be worried about in young kids here. This happened multiple times. Overall the hotel will be perfect for a couple, single or business traveler.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family