“Highly recommended”

Ranked #127 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
campobello
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I am a student in my senior year at Johnson & Wales University Charlotte, and staying at the Knights Inn two nights a week to attend classes and then return home on my off days. I have been staying here since the beginning of March and will continue to stay here through May.
I have saved over $100 a month in rental costs in choosing to stay at this hotel. The price to value ratio is exceptional. Lets be honest here folks, in most regards you get what you pay for. The hotel offers waffles (you have to make your own in the provided waffle iron=really easy it is self regulated on a timer), muffins, toast, juice, coffee, and butter syrup and jam to go with it. There is room service that I have not tried, vending and ice machines, a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in each room (this is why I don't need to use them) and take out menus as well as brochures for local activities available at the front desk. The staff is always friendly and the landscape work (plants) is beautiful. There are an array of flowers and plants (roses, lilies, tulips, hosta, rosemary, holly, etc), and ornamental shrubs. I have met some wonderfully fascinating people since I have been here including a retired stock broker, impassioned camp counselor for troubled youth, MMA fighter in training, and many families.
Here come the down sides-the rooms aren't spotlessly clean, but they are much cleaner than some hotels that have higher rent than the Knights inn. The hotel is located next to an airport and directly off of the highway (ear plugs work wonders for this) so expect some noise, and like any value hotel (especially near a city) some of the night life can be a bit sketchy at times so follow basic safety precautions such as locking your door at night. With that being said the staff is helpful at solving any problems that I bring to their attention. happy travels

Room Tip: it is typically quieter in the upstairs rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank briana m
mrghal, Manager at Knights Inn Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thanks for giving us an oppertunity to serve you, and we will continue to do so.Let us know how we can make your accomodation little more comfertable .
thanks
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have been here for two weeks for business and overall its the best for the price, covenince and cleaness.

• Stayed April 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Very Affordable!!! The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, neat, and comfortable. I liked the fact that check in was at 2 pm and check out was at 11 am so I didn't feel so rushed. I would definitely stay again if I travel to Charlotte!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Moyock, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We travel to Charlotte a lot because my boyfriend plays sports in that area. We ALWAYS stay here. It is comfortable, affordable, convenient, and the staff is always friendly and accommodating. I always travel in groups, sometimes booking more then one room for our travel buddies. Well imagine how i felt when I showed up last week at 2 am to check in after a 6 hour drive, and my reservation never went through. The lady took all my info, asked me for my credit card info, but never reserved me a room. It was one of the busiest weekends due to multiple games going on, so there were NO rooms left. The rest of our caravan had checked in before us and it was one of the COLDEST knight so far in February. Well the Night Manager who was left to deal with my situation really went above and beyond. He found a room that someone had checked out of, cleaned it himself, and made it all pretty. He could have turned us away and left it at that, but then this review wouldn't have been a good one. Instead, it all worked out in the end.

Room Tip: Not exactly a place I would send Grandma and the Kids, but its otherwise GREAT and the best nonsmoki...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sylverlace
Reviewed 21 November 2011

this hotel is an excellent hotel. Your staff treats you like a family member. It is so great and has a great value per price. So, I recommend this hotel if you are going to stay in Charlotte.

• Stayed November 2011