“Delicious food , good price”

Park Place Restaurant
Ranked #320 of 2,634 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: American
Description: The restaurant is under new ownership. It was formerly known as Courtney's.
Reviewed 2 June 2018

I went with a friend to try. The building used to be a Shoneys years ago. It is very clean and has a friendly atmosphere. The waitress was very quick with anything we needed. We each ordered a meal not a sandwich. Both of us really enjoyed it. The food was delicious, and comes with a complimentary bowl of soup. I highly recommend this restaurant, all will be going back often. Real home-cooking.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I've passed by this restaurant numerous times on shopping trips to Carolina Place Mall, and decided to stop in and give it a try. It has a classic diner vibe, a large selection of daily specials, and plenty of seating. I had one of their Tuesday specials, the fried flounder and shrimp. For the price, I got a very generous portion of food, and definitely didn't leave hungry. Friendly owners and wait staff as well. I don't know why it tool me so long to try Park Place out, but now that I know better, I'll be sure to stop in more frequently.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Every time we drive by this restaurant, which is often, the parking lot is overflowing, so we finally decided to see what all the fuss was about. Unfortunately, or expectedly, this is just a standard diner with standard fare--I had pretty cardboardy pancakes and my husband had an okay hash. Our server was very friendly and good at her job, though, so kudos to her. However, the overwhelming appeal of this place remains a mystery.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Beware of bones in chicken and dumplings. I had to pull a big bone out of my mouth when eating. Thank goodness I didnt swallow it and thank God my 6 year old grandson wasn't with us, he may have choked on it .

Reviewed 21 February 2018

My husband and I came here for lunch and were not disappointed. They offered a huge variety of daily specials and to be different, I ordered chicken livers, fried okra, and turnip greens, which came with corn bread or biscuit and complementary soup - all for $7.99. Where can you ever get chicken livers? And there were over 20 of them! I had to take half of them home. My husband had a salad and large bowl of soup for $5.99. Food was good - nothing special, but you can't beat the price. Service was excellent.