“Good food and decent ambiance”
Review of The Blue Taj

The Blue Taj
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Taj is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 2,635 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food is bit different compared to other India restaurants. Presentation is nice. Leek curry and Chilli chicken was good ..... Biryani is a hit or miss. Its a North Indian restaurant with Naan's, roti's etc.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my night at the Blue Taj. I’ve spent a lot of time in India and really love Indian food and this was excellent - really authentic.
We were a large group so shared mixed starter plates but everything I tried was delicious - paneer, onion bhaji, samosa and the green chutney. Amazing.
A few vegetarian dishes were shared for main course - dal makahni, aloo gobi, koftas - with naan. All well spiced and really tasty. Possibly the best Indian food I have eaten in the states. Would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

For a shopping center restaurant, this place as a nice ambiance. The food is more Northern Indian/Punjab style, but it is well prepared with fairly good service. It's worth a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

We went to this indian place in the Ballantyne Village and the experience was not good
The decor looks shady and so is the food
We ordered chilli chicken and it was more or a soya sauce mixed chicken
The chicken tikka masala was good but the chicken biryani was very disappointing
There was no smell of saffron or did not tasted like a biryani -more of spiced mix curry rice
The waiter was rude and service was not good

Reviewed 22 October 2017

My wife had the goat curry and I had the lamb kabob. We were offered five levels of spiciness or heat, and when my wife hesitated, the waiter suggested level 2. I had been about to say level 3, but let that stand. Level 2 turned out to perfect for us. Many, I think, would call this level "bold seasoning," but all was harmonious, complex, and delicious. The meat servings were generous. The first course soup (tomato & coconut I believe he said) was also delicious. The salad my wife opted for was a bland small iceberg lettuce concoction we would not order again (the only weakness in the meal). A complimentary strawberry parfait was served at the end. It was 10/10. Don't hesitate to try this place. we'll return someday for the lunch buffet, which is only served on Sundays.