“terrible Service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College Street
Transit: We are on the light rail line at the Bobcats Arena/EpiCentre stop.
Reviewed 21 March 2018

When we walked in around 10:30PM we were told by the hostess that there would be a 15-20 minute wait so we decided to sit in the bar area to order at a high top table. NO ONE came over at all after sitting there for over 20 minutes I finally got up to complain to the hostess, she then had someone come over and bring us water, we then asked for Cheese dip and ordered drinks a Heineken and margarita. The bar was not busy at all. They NEVER bought the drinks at all. They brought us cold cheese dip and that was it. AGAIN NO ONE CAME BACK to take a food order. After another 20 minutes I became extremely frustrated and complained again to the hostess who did nothing about it. I then walked out. This was my first time visiting Charlotte and will be my last time ever coming to this Establishment.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

They offered a short menu for the day party goers , being that I do not eat meat I tried the Chips and Queso being 1 of maybe 3 things on the menu that didn't have meat and it was quite tasty for the small amount of money I paid, maybe around $5 .

Reviewed 20 February 2018

One of the things I miss most living in Europe is good Mexican food. So, on my first night in Charlotte, I walked over to La Vida. The greeting was friendly and service was prompt and attentive. Chips and salsa were really good. I had the #1 combo and all three pieces were really good.
I had such a good experience that I returned a couple days later. This was a much different experience. I felt like i was being processed through. Everything happened at twice the speed and the food could only be described as assembly line. If that was my first visit, maybe I wouldn't have felt disappointed, but I really wanted a repeat of the wonderful first visit..

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Short and semi-sweet.
The only place in town that isn’t booked for dinner. Wait......... there’s a reason. Service = 2/10
Food = 3/10
Price = 5/10
(Slow trombone sound)
Never again.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Went with a group of 20 adults and kids. It was right across the street from our hotel- Omni. They got us in fast. We had great service and delicious food! Every person loved what they ordered and the food came out so fast we couldn’t believe it. Would absolutely go back.