“Very nice and new, poor breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews
Ranked #62 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Cary, North Carolina
“Very nice and new, poor breakfast”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here for a night while attending a concert at the Bojaangles coliseum. It was a very nice, new hotel at a good price. Quiet, eventhough there a lot people staying there. Comfortable beds, big rooms. A little far if you are wanting to spend a lot of time in downtown but very close to the coliseum and other places. Matthews is an ok place, not really nice but okay. The breakfast however was very disappointing. Looked like one of the nicer places to stay in the Matthews area.

Room Tip: we were on top floor at end and was very quiet despite 3 teenage basketball teams staying there.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We pride ourselves in ensuring that each guest stay is memorable and that every guest leaves satisfied in staying with our property. We will certainly look on ways to improve our breakfast selections within our requirements. Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and we hope to see you again whenever in the Matthews area. Thanks again!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Webster, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This property was great! The staff was engaging, professional, friendly and genuinely seemed to enjoy their work. The property was nicely appointed and squeaky clean. The breakfast was varied and well stocked with tasty and healthy items. The room was large and very clean. The beds were comfortable. Next time I am in town, I will stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you so much for takign the time to rate our hotel! We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and I will certainly convey the message to our entire staff. We pride ourselves in providing superior customer service and I am pleased to hear that our staff showed that throughout your stay. Thank you again from all of us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites and we hope to see you soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I travel 2-3 nights a week and I will travel across town to stay here. It is clean, good service, convenient, and a good value. My only complaint is sometimes you can hear your neighbors a little louder than other hotels. I have noticed this with all the newly constructed hotels. Hasn't been that big of an issue.

• Stayed February 2012
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and are glad to know you will travel across town just to stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 February 2012

In Charlotte for the weekend to visit family and we choose the Fairfield Inn based solely on reviews posted here. The rate helped make the decision easy. If all Fairfields were as nice ad this one I would stay more often at this Marriott brand. The staff was great, hotel was very clean and you could walk to a few choices of restaurants. Overall great weekend stay.

• Stayed February 2012
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit here with us! As a newer Fairfield Inn & Suites, we want to ensure that every stay exceeds your expectations with the cleanest rooms and friendliest staff. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Charlotte/Matthews area!
Middlesex, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I booked a room at this Hotel a few weeks ago and it was a great stay. I had not planned this trip but my business took a little bit longer than I bargained for and I made the quick decision to book a room at this Hotel. The room was spacious and vey clean. The carpeting in the room is beautiful and soft. I could walk around with my bare feet (if I'd wanted to) and not be stuck to the carpet. The bed was soft and comfortable and very clean. The bath room is spacious and well kept. At one point, I could hear someone's television in the next room but, overall, it was very quiet. I enjoyed my stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Wes S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Thank you so much for your comments regarding our hotel! I will make sure to let housekeeping know that your room was very clean and comfortable. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
East Forest
Best Western Plus Charlotte/Matthews Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK