All reviews blt bar cocoa lobby lounge double sinks bathroom mirror popovers steam room room service in room dining an executive suite quiet side beautiful hotel luxury hotel valet staff valet parking restaurants and bars the entire staff
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We selected the Ritz-Carlton in Charlotte for a weekend getaway. The hotel and accommodations are great, but the night turned into a complete disaster and we found the hotels response to be lacking. We had a large suite on the 10th floor and were woken up by a loud group in the room next door. The noise and language coming under the connecting door was unbearable. Clearly a lot of people and a lot of alcohol - at one point it sounded like they were bowling with beer bottles.

After I called the front desk it quieted down somewhat, but the party was till going strong so I went downstairs (again, this was a little after 4AM) and asked to be moved. The front desk team had to get a manager to ok a new room... which was a little strange.

Everybody was very apologetic and polite, and the manager even rode up in the elevator with me - but the main focus seemed to be on whether we needed help with our luggage. As far as I know there was no additional follow-up on the partiers who were the actual source of the problem. They were having just as good time the when we left the room.

We were moved to another floor into a smaller room than the one we'd reserved.

All in all, a very frustrating evening with little sleep... and what I had hoped would be a great experience for my wife ended up being nothing but a bad memory. And all we were offered was a lot of a very polite "we're so sorry"...

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeffking94
Jessica S, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Good Day jeffking94,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding troubles during your weekend getaway. We are disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations, and we would like to hear more detail if you have a moment. Blair Propert, our Rooms Executive, can be reached at 704-972-4410 or at blair.propert@ritzcarlton.com.

Jessica Swannie

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I used to love going to the Ritz Spa - it was our special occasion place. We went recently and couldn’t believe how much it had gone downhill! One of our biggest disappointments was they had taken the steam room out but did not inform us when we called to book. Their steam room was the highlight of the spa for us!

Our massage therapists were late getting us so the massage was only about 40 min instead of 50. Also, the massage was very uneven. I left still having kinks in 1 side of my neck, etc.

See photo of drain when I approached the “special” shower - filled with hair. Gross. And my husband said the sink in the men’s bathroom was filthy.

The shower didn’t get above 102...I asked an associate to assist and she said she had tried but couldn’t figure it out either.

The cold towels I always loved were not there. There was a spot where they were supposed to be (photo) but I was there for several hours and they were never there.

It is very expensive relative to other spas and not at all worth it. Plus, you want to relax when you go....hard to do so when the facilities are dirty & not working properly.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittany R
Jessica S, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Good Day Brittany R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding the spa and your massage. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not up to The Ritz-Carlton standards, and we would like to hear more if you have a moment. Blair Propert, our Rooms Executive, can be reached at 704-972-4410 or blair.propert@ritzcarlton.com.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice accommodations. Lots of amenities in the room. Excellent bathroom and the room was a very nice size. Felt pricing was a touch high, but was worth the ease of attending the function. Parking is expensive.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jessica S, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Good Day Rod L,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the room and its amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

What an awesome experience. We travelled from Maryland to North Carolina last Saturday morning and arrived before Noon. Our room was ready upon check in!!! First time staying at a hotel where the room was ready when I arrived. A plus for getting our room available as we have two kids and had travelled for over 5 hours just to get to the hotel. Everything was taken care of by the great staff. Kudos to everyone working the weekend shift. Everyone was helpful & friendly. I love that the hotel has a car service to take you to the convention center which is where I had a business meeting. Nothing like driving in style... We ordered room service a couple of times and everything tasted great. BLT Steakhouse on site for dinner was fabulous.
I will absolutely return & will recommend the Ritz-Carlton Charlotte to everyone I know.

Room Tip: We booked a parlor suite which was roomy for 2 adults and 2 kids. Awesome flat panel TV's.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Good Day Pauli M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed a wonderful experience and an easy check-in after a long trip. We look forward to welcoming you back to Charlotte, and hope you had safe travels back to Maryland!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We stayed for four nights and left with mixed feelings. What we liked: The location of the hotel is excellent, the room was spacious, well furnished and very clean. Lots of space to put your clothing etc.,very nice and spacious bathroom.The staff is very friendly and helpful.What we did not like: Entering the lobby, you have the feeling that you are entering a nightclub, it is very dimly lit.(see photos).The bedlinen was way below standard(see photos).There was no turn-up service, only on the 3-rd night, a Sunday-night with two chocolates.To turn your reading light on or off you have to reach behind the night stand. At night you hear the traffic below and a bass sound.There is only one restaurant, which is rather nice, but they do not offer a buffet style breakfast, only a la carte.What is surprising is that on Saturday, you cannot have lunch there.Our wake-up call came almost twenty minutes too late.For a hotel with these prices we do not understand, that you are charged for WIFI, $9.99/day.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Good Day argonfroes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay. We are disappointed to hear that not everything met your expectations, and we would like to hear more detail if you have a moment so we can improve going forward. Blair Propert, our Rooms Executive, can be reached at 704-972-4410 or blair.propert@ritzcarlton.com.