We have stayed at the Drury Hotel in Charlotte many times and have always been impressed by the cleanliness. Twice I have written the corporate office to acknowledge their high standards. Unfortunately, our experience in April was different. As usual, the room appeared clean. While visiting the bathroom around 2am, I noticed a bug on my shirt. I killed the bug and noticed blood on the tissue....bed bugs! After turning the lights on in the room, numerous bugs were seen on the linens. On inspection, the top of the mattress showed clear signs of bedbugs. As one might imagine, this was upsetting. We contacted the front desk and were told that we would be moved to another room. The desk clerk appeared at the door with new room cards and an envelope containing the amount paid for the room (part of the cash was rolled coin). I am not sure what they hoped to accomplish with this gesture, but money was not something we were concerned about at that time. We did not want to take bedbugs to our home. We were instructed by the manager to leave our belongings in the infested room. The exterminator would arrive early in the morning and would heat treat our belongings along with the room, killing the bedbugs. Unfortunately, none of this happened. We received a call from the manager at 9am at which time she informed us that the exterminator “only found two bed bugs”, our untreated belongings had been moved to our “clean room”. No further action was taken on the part of the hotel staff. They were done! As evident by the appearance of the mattress, others have been exposed to bedbugs in that room. I hope that they have been informed of their exposure. Judging by the actions or lack of by management during our experience, I would guess not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake is conveniently located off I-77 and I-485. This north central suburb is close to Lake Norman and only 15 minutes from downtown Charlotte attractions like Bank of America Stadium. In addition to free hot breakfast every morning, we serve free hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Charlotte Northlake
- Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake Hotel Charlotte
- Drury Inn Charlotte