“Excellent!”
Review of Yafo Kitchen

Yafo Kitchen
Ranked #100 of 2,465 Restaurants in Charlotte
Description: We've paired the simplicity of Mediterranean fare with bold Middle-Eastern flavors. Come taste the bright notes of freshly squeezed citrus and the nutty nuances of Tahini. Experience the crunch of vibrant veggies and crisp, handpicked greens. Savor our fall-off-the-bone rotisserie chicken with shawarma seasonings and rich, creamy hummus composed of organic chickpeas. Find comfort in the warmth of hearty grains and freshly baked flatbread. Because healthy doesn't have to be complicated. Honest + Authentic. That's the Yafo way.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I wanted a take on foods that I have never tried before! I was referred to Yafo Kitchen on a solo vacation trip to Charlotte in July (leading up to Independence Day. The young lady whom I met in the mall, says that she eats there almost everyday. I got the Chicken Shawarma, with cauliflower and baklava and it was great. So much food. I could almost burst! A lot of food for the money. I will take my family the next time I am in Charlotte. I wish one of these was in Raleigh, NC.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Great spot for a quick, flavorful looking lunch. The Marrakech Lamb bowl was spot on a as well as the falafel wrap. Brussel sprouts could have been cooked a little more. Worthy of a second visit.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Drove from an airport hotel to this place based on good reviews. Walked in and had second thoughts when I saw it was a Chipolte-like fast food establishment. After sinking 35 minutes in the car trip, I decided to give it a try. I ordered the Marrakesh Lamb Wrap. The food attendant grabbed what looked like a pita, folded it up, wrapped it in foil, and slide it down the bar. He then proceeded to ask me if I wanted rice or something else. I said "rice" and received about a pound of it in a bowl. He then asked what I wanted on the rice. I was pretty confused at this time, so just started pointing to stuff - hummus, tomato and cuc salad, olives, quinoa chicken salad, etc. At the end of the line he ladled stewed lamb on top of everything. The presentation was pretty good up until that point. Added a drink and checked out for about $18. Not bad for dinner.

The food was very good (four circles good), but it was all mixed up in a giant bowl of rice with meat slopped on top (minus one circle). I guess I just don't get the concept. The place was busy, so maybe it is just me. Maybe I was supposed to assemble my own wrap at the table. I don't know. Probably try something different next time.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Everything we have eaten here was super good. Love the Sharon salad and the chicken shawarma wrap. The falafel and brussel sprouts are amazing! Love the fresh drinks as well - watermelon lime, cucumber lime mint mixed with a little lemonade or hibiscus tea. I could eat here every day, its that good!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

This was my first experience with Mediterranean food. The setup is like a fast food place. This location was very clean in the dining area and the staff very courteous. The food was absolutely wonderful!! As you go down the line, you make your selection and all ingredients looked and tasted fresh! I had the Yafo Shawarma Wrap with a side of brussel spouts and my companion did a build your own bowl with lamb. The combination of flavors - wonderful! I wanted to go back the next day!