See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2017

The worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. The sheets were DIRTY when I went to the front desk to ask for clean sheets they said they did not have any.
Bathroom was dirty. No coffee maker just a dirty microwave. Stains all over the carpets and air conditioner hardly worked .

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2016

We had a business trip, and we were at the convention center a lot. The hotel is very old and dingy, the carpets just have an old smell. The room wasn't bad. The water pressure is very low for your shower. They have a breakfast with is waffles, muffins, watered down OJ, cereal, coffee, no fruit or anything like that. Breakfast is definitely not a "Breakfast Bar" you are thinking of. An Uber ride is typically between $7-$10 ride to Convention Center. Not the worst place, but not the best.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2014

There was hair in the clean towels, the tub and on the bathroom floor. The tub had soap scum in it & some mold. There where stains on the sheets. The breakfast is a joke a few muffins, one cereal type and very little waffle batter. When I asked the gentleman at the front desk for more coffee (because they where out) he couldn't understand me because he didn't speak English.I will definitely spend a few dollars more to stay at a better & cleaner hotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GypsyRose82
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We just needed a place to sleep and this location served that purpose. It was clean and the beds were comfy. The only downside was that the bathroom was very small. The location was ok and the check in and check out process was nice and easy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

My first time in Charlotte and got stuck due to a snowstorm. So I tried to make the best situation out of none and booked a local cheap room at the Econolodge. As soon as I walked in I noticed it was an old building. I walked in to an Indian man at the front desk yelling at customers barely knowing any English. I had no choice but to check in I was stuck there due a snowstorm. The rooms are extremely old and outdated. The bathrooms are filthy I can't believe they even pass health inspection. When I checked into my room the bathroom was filthy and the carpets were dirty and the room reeked of old body odor. So I took a shower and went to bed and as I was pulling down the sheets I noticed some black hairs. I have blond hair and am white and have no black hair. So I called the front desk and ask for a set of clean sheets to my surprise the manager showed up at my door with some clean sheets and I went to bed. at 3 o'clock in the morning I woke up itching and could not stop itching I sat up in bed and turned on the light to my surprise there was little bedbugs everywhere. I grabbed my iPhone and had to take a picture I couldn't believe my eyes. This is a filthy hotel don't ever stay. I would've been better off just sleeping in the airport on a cot instead now my whole body has bites on it. I have a serious body rash on my back and arms and waste. Don't ever stay here it's not worth the 49 bucks

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business