All reviews rooftop pool front desk within walking distance parking garage hotel restaurant location is great panthers game light rail staff was friendly business trip the room was nice jj sink valet wedding epicenter hornets
Reviewed 8 October 2017

OK - I didn't stay here, but had a convention dinner here. Dinner was fine, but J.J. at the front desk was great! Due to overbooking at a nearby hotel, we were moved to another of their properties - 20 miles away! Was chatting w/J.J. while waiting on my dinner group & asked if his hotel had a room. Although they did not, he found one at one of his property's sister hotels. Although that wouldn't work for us, he was so kind to do it! We had to walk to the property that had bumped us and at about 8:30 PM. It was only 2 blocks away but he insisted on someone escorting us and arranged it for us. WOW! What service for folks who aren't even staying at your property! He is a gem!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I pulled up with my mobility equipment and my friend. I use a walker; my pal uses a wheelchair. The front desk person also had a disability. He was excited to tell us about their newly done ADA rooms. They had options for 2 queens and 1 king bed; sometimes ADA rooms don't give you a choice. The shower situation was the safest I've had at a hotel. Everything was at the right height, and there were grab bars galore. The downstairs restaurant was easy to get in and out of, and the elevators were plentiful. Honestly, I've come to hate traveling because of poor access, but Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City gives me great hope. Thank you! (Also: the room was super clean - easy to crawl on floor with worry!)

Room Tip: accessibility great!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Great location. Came in town for the football game and to meet up with family and friends. Next to the light rail, hop on, travel thru uptown without walking. Nearby restaurants and bars for you to venture out to and within walking distance. Clean rooms. Front desk was very helpful. Parking easy to get in and out.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank P8165UDpatriciab
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I've stayed here before in the past and they have made some minor renovations/changes which were for the better. The gym is small and located on the roof area. It has 3 treadmills, free weights and one mat. There is a bar located on the side entrance and is quite lively with hotel guests and is connected to the restaurant, also on the ground floor. Rooms were clean. The hotel is located a couple blocks away from the arena and Epicenter which has restaurants, shops etc. The only negative is that the sink is not in the bathroom. The mirror and bathroom sink are located outside of the bathroom, at the entrance of the room. Overall, friendly staff and within walking distance of several restaurants, businesses and bars.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The location of this Holiday Inn makes it my place to stay in Charlotte. It is in a downtown area that has restaurants and bars within easy w
King distance. If you drive they have parking and an excellent valet Service so you can get in and out easily. All major activities are an easy drive if you are so inclined. It also has a bar and restaurant and their breakfast is a good buffet or you can have it cooked to order. Clean rooms pleasant staff. .

Room Tip: It helps if you are an IHG Rewards Club Mmeber for all IHG properties
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
FrontOffice230, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear BillUsma74,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review the Holiday Inn Charlotte Center City. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Charlotte!