“Excellent Holiday Inn! Excellent Any Hotel for That Matter!”

Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
Ranked #40 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Excellent Holiday Inn! Excellent Any Hotel for That Matter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I travel nearly every week, and I usually stay at IHG hotels. So when I tell you the service here was some of the best, that is saying a lot. The front counter staff was prompt, attentive and made me believe they were concerned about my satisfaction with everything about the hotel.

My room was very clean and decorated very well. The European-style bowl sink and the iHome by the side of the bed were great touches to make my room feel like home.

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown, with great restaurants and nighlife within short walking distance.

If I find any fun clubs or great places to dine, I'll be sure to post a review.

1 Thank ATW-Andy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

All the members on the staff here I meet truly care about about what they do, how they do it and who they do it for...their guests!!! This is certainly a cut above the rest with a great location, service, food and atmosphere. Everyone seems to go beyond what's required to make their guest feel welcome with a warm greeting and a smile, followed by exceptional service. This hotel is consistent and persistent with their high standards of quality. Many thanks!!!

Whitsett, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was going to be in Charlotte on business so I did my research on hotels uptown. After reading all of the positive feedback and reviews I decided to book this hotel plus you couldn't go wrong with such a wonderful location...the WORST mistake ever!!! When I arrived for check in, I stood at the front desk for several minutes before anyone acknowledged my presence...terrible customer service. I got checked in and headed to my 1st room, which smelled of mold/mildew. The decor of the room was dated and clearly not what was advertised on the website plus the bed was uncomfortable to sit on so I knew it would be terrible to sleep in. I got into the shower when I realized the drain was backed up and disgusting dirt and debris floated around my feet. I tried to call the front desk but neither phone in my room worked so I had to use my cell phone to contact the front desk. After being transferred 2 or 3 times to request another room I finally had someone come up and give me a key to my 2nd room. Once in the 2nd room (which was even more dated in decor than the last) I checked to make sure the shower worked properly. I then wanted to cool the humid and stuffy room, that's when I noticed the air conditioner didn't work! Now I'm having to go to a 3rd room! Not once have I received an apology or anything and this is all taking place within the first night!!! I get to the 3rd room which I can say was upgraded in decor but that was about it. The bathroom floor and tub were nasty. The water in the sink ran down the drain extremely slow. To make matters worse, the water in the shower barely got lukewarm and I got of the shower literally shivering! The next morning a requested an extra blanket; it took about an hour for me to receive it...I almost had forgotten I requested it. The 1st night's experience was so horrific that I stayed the 2nd night with a co-worker that was staying at the Hyatt House (which was amazing!). When I checked out I attempted to express my concerns and the only thing the lady at the front desk said was "Oh I'm sorry. Would you like to stay for breakfast?" I travel frequently and this was by far the worst hotel stay I've ever had!

1 Thank UrFuture P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
UrFutureP,

Ben J
IHG Care
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The hotel staff really make the stay worth while...Carolyn Jackson(front desk), thank you for all that you do to make our stay such a wonderful experience. We could not have done it without you! The location, service, food and additional amenities are excellent. Management has gone beyond what's required to make their guest "welcome"...they provided additional areas for entertainment and longer hours for food availability...exceptional service. Thanks again..see you all next year!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Clean, hotel staff very efficient consider it was busy CIAA Basketball conference weekend. Hotel restaurant was wonderful, especially the full breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Make reservation for hotel restaurant before going...food is great.