Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City
US$ 195
US$ 151
US$ 134
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Arrowood(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$ 126
US$ 299
US$ 287
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewscaffe sienafront deskrooftop poolwithin walking distanceparking garagehotel restaurantstreet noiselocation is greatbeds were comfortablelight railstaff was friendlybusiness tripthe room was nicejjsinkvaletwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2012

All the members on the staff here I meet truly care about about what they do, how they do it and who they do it for...their guests!!! This is certainly a cut above the rest with a great location, service, food and atmosphere. Everyone seems to go beyond what's required to make their guest feel welcome with a warm greeting and a smile, followed by exceptional service. This hotel is consistent and persistent with their high standards of quality. Many thanks!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was going to be in Charlotte on business so I did my research on hotels uptown. After reading all of the positive feedback and reviews I decided to book this hotel plus you couldn't go wrong with such a wonderful location...the WORST mistake ever!!! When I arrived for check in, I stood at the front desk for several minutes before anyone acknowledged my presence...terrible customer service. I got checked in and headed to my 1st room, which smelled of mold/mildew. The decor of the room was dated and clearly not what was advertised on the website plus the bed was uncomfortable to sit on so I knew it would be terrible to sleep in. I got into the shower when I realized the drain was backed up and disgusting dirt and debris floated around my feet. I tried to call the front desk but neither phone in my room worked so I had to use my cell phone to contact the front desk. After being transferred 2 or 3 times to request another room I finally had someone come up and give me a key to my 2nd room. Once in the 2nd room (which was even more dated in decor than the last) I checked to make sure the shower worked properly. I then wanted to cool the humid and stuffy room, that's when I noticed the air conditioner didn't work! Now I'm having to go to a 3rd room! Not once have I received an apology or anything and this is all taking place within the first night!!! I get to the 3rd room which I can say was upgraded in decor but that was about it. The bathroom floor and tub were nasty. The water in the sink ran down the drain extremely slow. To make matters worse, the water in the shower barely got lukewarm and I got of the shower literally shivering! The next morning a requested an extra blanket; it took about an hour for me to receive it...I almost had forgotten I requested it. The 1st night's experience was so horrific that I stayed the 2nd night with a co-worker that was staying at the Hyatt House (which was amazing!). When I checked out I attempted to express my concerns and the only thing the lady at the front desk said was "Oh I'm sorry. Would you like to stay for breakfast?" I travel frequently and this was by far the worst hotel stay I've ever had!

1  Thank UrFuture P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

UrFutureP,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 16 March 2012

The hotel staff really make the stay worth while...Carolyn Jackson(front desk), thank you for all that you do to make our stay such a wonderful experience. We could not have done it without you! The location, service, food and additional amenities are excellent. Management has gone beyond what's required to make their guest "welcome"...they provided additional areas for entertainment and longer hours for food availability...exceptional service. Thanks again..see you all next year!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Clean, hotel staff very efficient consider it was busy CIAA Basketball conference weekend. Hotel restaurant was wonderful, especially the full breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Make reservation for hotel restaurant before going...food is great.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2012

From the minute I walked in the door the staff was exceptionally helpful. I was able to check-in to my room at 8am, well before the traditional 3pm mark. The location is very convenient to downtown amenities and around a 5 minute walk to the convention center with hundreds of local restaurants and bars all within walking distance. The hotel restaurant and bar will meet your needs well with very professional service and reasonable pricing. They also have a rooftop pool which is a nice perk.