DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$ 126
Holiday Inn Charlotte Airport Hotel(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$ 108
Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place(Charlotte)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 160
US$ 90
US$ 425
US$ 275
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsdouble treejohnson and wales universitywarm cookiesclose to downtownbank of america stadiumgreat hotelpanthers stadiumparking garageroom was cleanwalking distancefront desk staffper daybusiness centerupon checkconvenient locationnice staywould stay again
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My son is a Johnson and Wales student and whenever I visit him I always stay at this hotel. The front desk staff is great. The only bad thing were the loud drunks next door to us! It is in a great location. Close to restaurants etc.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherri M
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our property. We hope your son is enjoying his studies at the University. Thank you again for your business and for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel is recently remodeled, and in good taste. The bright yellow wall treatments in the hallways make you feel like you are outside on a sunny day. The staff was friendly. The location is not central, but still an easy walk to everything. I got this room on Priceline for a total of $73 per night with all taxes! Great deal. Thank you again, Priceline.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our property. We appreciate your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I'm in Charlotte 2x/year or more for work travel. I've made this my hotel of choice because the staff are terrific, the renovated rooms are really good (love the desk area - lots of space and good elec. outlets), and I feel safe.

The hotel is across from a Starbucks and the Starbucks is really nice - large, friendly staff .. even at 6:30 a.m.!

WiFi is free to HHonors members and the speed was great. You have to sign in daily w/ your HHonors number and password but that's a "small price to pay" for free access.

Some of the front desk staff are Johnson & Wales (right next door) hospitality students. Talk w/ them - they are great and will enter the industry better prepared bec. of this experience.

Another plus: Charlotte taxi service is hit & miss and mostly "miss" re quality and availability. This hotel has Altos car service at the hotel - and the prices are reasonable. It may be a flat rate w/in the downtown area -- I didn't ask since I went to and from the same place. Only $8 each way in a town car or SUV and much nicer with drivers in biz attire, clean cars. I use them to and from CLT too.

Whatever group stays here during the DNC is fortunate.

Room Tip: I prefer the back side of the hotel - seems a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JLEDC
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in February 2012 - not bad. About 3/4 mile from Tryon, so you'll need to give yourself time to get there if walking or take a taxi...and after dark, it's probably best to definitely taxi back.
Hotel was clean, everything worked as it should. Had my ipad but didn't have time to connect, so I can't comment on wireless. Did have a great room service breakfast one morning - arrived fast and ahead of schedule and tasted great!
They have a restaurant/bar however we ate at Chima downtown and didn't have time to check those out.
Would stay here again for sure -

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review about your stay at our property. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. Thank you again for your business and for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

For a Double Tree hotel this was definately not what I expected. Not satisfied at all, room too small for 4 people. Bathroom fixtures were not hooked up correctly, Internet was too expensive for the quality.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
billdeloache, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I have reviewed your comments with our property operations team and have taken corrective action to resolve the mechanical problems noted from your recent stay. I do appreciate your feedback and hope that you will return in the future and give us an opportunity to improve your opinion of our facility.