All reviews residence inn full kitchen bi level suite gas grill tyvola road long term stay rewards member living area an extended stay free hot breakfast each morning short drive breakfast area comfortable stay southpark mall definitely stay here again bedroom
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The room is nicely laid out with updated features and amenities. The bathroom is large, making it easy for two people to move around while getting ready. The kitchen is adequate and the living space is large enough for a long weekend or week long visit. One thing I would change is to please put an exhaust fan in the bathroom! Between the steam and other bathroom like odors, it would be nice for there to be a vent, so fresh air can circulate.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Furniture needs major updating! Housekeeping only came by one day, but it was okay I was alone. The breakfast could be a little more diverse. The fridge was creepy. Major stains in new carpet! If in a pinch I would stay here......

Stayed: October 2017
Courtney M, Front Office Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We will be sure to keep our website updated with any future renovation plans. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to better serve you if you are ever in the area!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Marriott should be mortified to have their name on this property.

PROS:
Great location just off i-77 in a quiet "hotel" neighborhood.
Front desk staff was cheerful and welcoming.
Bed was comfortable.

CONS:
My room was on the second floor and the door was accessed via a wooden deck. Some of the deck planks were rotted through - meaning jagged gaps through which you could see the space underneath. There were some very soft areas that I avoided walking on also. The deck had been painted over rather than replacing the rotted boards.

The stairs leading up to my room were littered with cigarette butts.

The love seat in the room had a 12" rip in the fabric. The cushion springs on half of the love seat had bottomed out and the cushion sat several inches lower than the other side of the seat.

The cutting board in the kitchen was FILTHY. I tried scrubbing it and gave up. I cut up a cantaloupe on a plate instead.

I put the cut-up cantaloupe in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning it was a frozen block. I hadn't occurred to me to check the settings. The last person must have put everything on the lowest settings.

Kitchen supplies were not replaced by housekeeping during my stay - salt packets and microwave popcorn ran out.

I had breakfast one morning in the lobby area. Several key items ran out and the staff was extremely slow in replacing the eggs, fruit, plates, forks, etc.

I visit Charlotte at least once a month for business and this is the worst hotel I have stayed at in over a year of business travel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We stayed here in a two room suite with my daughter, sister, nephew and mother, and we had plenty of space for the family. There was a little kitchenette, and while yes, the appliances probably need updating, everything was very neat and clean. We really enjoyed the suite space and being able to close doors when the youngest was asleep.

The hotel itself was very convenient, right next to the interstate. There were LOTS of families staying here, and everyone, staff and visitors staying, seemed very nice. Parking was a little crowded, but worked out okay anyway. Perhaps not a great place for people who need lots of perfect quiet, but wonderful for families. Lots of kids were playing ball at a small court behind the office building. I enjoyed breakfast, decent eggs and sausage, with waffles and an assortment of oatmeal and doughnuts, etc. Whole family seemed to enjoy themselves, and the staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017

What an awful experience, truly the worst I've ever experienced!! Got in late, moving my daughter back to college, didn't have any dinner, so grabbed a couple of snacks from their little kiosk. Went to the room, had some of popcorn, tasted terrible and stale, but it was to late, I spit it out, but didn't stop the spoiled food from making me ill. The food was 10 days past it's date on the package. I was sick much of the night and had to move my daughter into her dorm the following day. In the morning I went to the front desk, showed Ahmed the food, he gave me two dollars, and said, "It's only outdated by 7 days"!! It was ten, even the math is an issue for them, hope he doesn't often have to make change. Checked the kiosk before I left, the food was still out for sale! My wife spoke with an assistant manager, she gave us 2000 Marriot points, and said she'd pass it onto the manager, never heard back from them. I should have had an apology and a full refund! Never, ever, will I return to this Marriot!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Lashonda C, Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for allowing us to resolve the issue. We hope to better serve you if your travel ever bring you back to town.