All reviews residence inn full kitchen bi level suite gas grill tyvola road long term stay rewards member living area an extended stay free hot breakfast each morning short drive breakfast area comfortable stay southpark mall definitely stay here again bedroom
Reviewed 5 September 2017

What an awful experience, truly the worst I've ever experienced!! Got in late, moving my daughter back to college, didn't have any dinner, so grabbed a couple of snacks from their little kiosk. Went to the room, had some of popcorn, tasted terrible and stale, but it was to late, I spit it out, but didn't stop the spoiled food from making me ill. The food was 10 days past it's date on the package. I was sick much of the night and had to move my daughter into her dorm the following day. In the morning I went to the front desk, showed Ahmed the food, he gave me two dollars, and said, "It's only outdated by 7 days"!! It was ten, even the math is an issue for them, hope he doesn't often have to make change. Checked the kiosk before I left, the food was still out for sale! My wife spoke with an assistant manager, she gave us 2000 Marriot points, and said she'd pass it onto the manager, never heard back from them. I should have had an apology and a full refund! Never, ever, will I return to this Marriot!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Lashonda C, Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Charlotte, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for allowing us to resolve the issue. We hope to better serve you if your travel ever bring you back to town.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

The residence Inn in Charlotte is ideal if you have to stay in a hotel for a long period of time. Does not offer the usual luxuries for expected amenities of many of the Marriott hotel brands deal, but when it lacks frills it makes up for him familiar already home. The staff is extraordinarily friendly, and the state was pleasant. I do think the rooms are in bad need of an upgrade however.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I am shocked that Marriott would attach their name to this hotel! Has not been renovated in many years except for some paint on the walls. Not even charger plugs for phones or computers! The flowery smell of cleaning supplies was unpleasant and in some places overwhelming. The receptionist was not welcoming or friendly. The bathroom floor in our 2 bedroom suite was filthy. We could not wait to leave in the morning. We have been Marriott rewards members since the 70's and have NEVER stayed at such a horrible place. Very disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I love staying at Residence Inns. I've stayed in several states and have never been disappointed. Who doesn't love having their own little house/apartment for an extended stay? I stayed 4 nights at this gem, which is conveniently located near a shopping area and several places to eat.

Located towards the end of a cul-de-sac in a commercial development (car dealer, restaurants, shopping, other hotels, etc.), this "hotel" is a lot like a little apartment or town home complex.

Room had an upstairs and downstairs, full kitchen with fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. The master bedroom had it's own bathroom and shower. The fireplace, which I didn't get to use, was a nice addition to the living area.

Also, every evening, the hotel promotes networking with free appetizers, drinks, including beer (limit 2 or 3 I believe) in the main check-in/breakfast area. They do have free wifi in rooms and mine worked fine. Free breakfast in the great room every morning, just in case you didn't prepare your own in your very own kitchen.

Bed was comfortable, A/C worked great, and from my room, I didn't really hear any road noise or other unwanted outside noise.

All staff was friendly. Check in was easy and replacing my lost key was as easy as showing an ID. There is an outside pool and first come, first served gas grill in the public area by the pool.

My only complaint is that the rooms seem to need a little touch up - they show there age in some ways. Also, there was a sock on the floor in the living room closet, which was kind of gross considering the room should have been cleaned prior to my arrival. And the worst part...the closet next to the fridge had the hot water tank in it and what looked to be a pile of dirty towels...

The bad things aside, if in the area again, this will be my FIRST choice.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We traveled down to Charlotte for a family reunion and we didn't want to stay at the hosting hotel so we started to look for other hotels. We chose this hotel out of plenty of other choices. The 2-bedroom bi-level suite was awesome. We arrived hours before check-in and the front office had a room available for us with no extra charge. The ladies that helped us were nice and all smiles which was a plus. It was clean and well maintained. The furniture could use a little updating to 2017 decor but for the money it was acceptable. They offered free hot breakfast which we took advantage of and was a must-have for our family to cut down on expenses. The breakfast was very good and had tons of choices from cereals to pancakes or waffles. I was pleasantly surprised. During our stay, we phoned down to the front office to request more towels and they brought them in a timely fashion. Overall, the list of great things to say could go on but ultimately I would recommend this hotel again and again.

Room Tip: Corner suite/bi-level rooms are the best for families!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family