We stayed in a deluxe queen room, recently renovated. It was one of the tiniest rooms I have ever stayed in, in any city. One of us had to step aside for the other to reach any other part of the room. Our view was of the roof, and there was extremely limited counter space in the bathroom. However, that wasn't the bad part. When we checked for the weekend in we learned that the 'historic elevator' was out of commission for the last 8 days, and would not be operating 'until next Wednesday.' No apologies. The only other elevator was on the other side of the building, and out 3rd floor room was as far as you could possibly get from the elevator. No such thing as a 'quick trip' down to the lobby. Apparently the bed had not been recently renovated, because it sagged. On the upside - the location is super convenient, and if you want to rub shoulders with a lot of half drunk students, Friday night is free bluegrass music on the lawn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chapel Hill, at the doorstep of the beautiful campus of The University of North Carolina. Come experience world-class service, elegantly appointed guest accommodations, superb dining, outstanding meeting and banquet facilities, and an expert staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Booking.com so you can book your The Carolina Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill
- Carolina Hotel Chapel Hill