“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Houston, Texas
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My experience at this particular location was terrible. It started from the moment I checked in for my 1 week stay. First, my room was not ready at 5 PM. Second, a new roll of toilet paper was not available (the original roll was running out). I had to go to the front desk to pick a roll up myself. Third, the mattress and the feather-free pillows were OLD. I can feel the springs in the mattress. The pillows were flat as soon as I put my head on them. Fourth, the walls and the door are so thin I can hear people talking in another room and in the hallway. Fifth, the internet is SO SLOW I can barely log into work account and send an email. Last but not least, the hotel was VAGUE about the transportation service they can provide between the hotel and the conference center that is <1 mle away prior to my reservation. Needless to say, it became a major issue. It should've been something Marriott needed to resolve between the management and the customer, but instead they went to the conference center hotel and requested that they send a shuttle to pick up Marriott customers. I have never heard of this. Our conference organizers went beyond their call of duty and PAID for the shuttle service due to liability issues. In addition, the taxi service Marriott recommneded was also VAGUE with pricing. He never once told us how much it will cost per trip when we requested for the price. I travel often enough to know that this is something unacceptable. Needless to say, I will not be a repeat customer at this particular location. If you do choose this location because of the price, be prepare to make frequent calls to the front desk.

Room Tip: Be prepare to call the front desk often and bring your own pillows and aero bed.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank deb s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Located almost centrally, right off the exit, we were able to take advantage of restaurant by Friday center, Brixx...see separate review...the lobby, the halls and the room was clean and had overpowering smell of soap or cleaning products. I was disappointed to find out that no microwave, no fridge was available in the room...then I was doubly disappointed with the tv selections, no hgtv, no foodnetwork...limited channels for sure. I was happy with the Internet, but not pleased with no free breakfast offered as with other hotels I am used to staying at...I was also disappointed with inconsistent housekeeping...but front desk staff was very helpful when we came in late and needed directions to late night restaurant...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The rewards points are not worth it! Adjoining room noise woke my family up after 2hrs of sleeping. Called front desk and they argued with me saying could not confirm the noise. We were supposed to stay for three nights but will check out tomorrow. Traveler beware!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank tired88
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I arrived late night and a deer darted in front of my entrance to the building. This was rather refreshing!. I felt very secure in this hotel as it has interior access only. Some Residence's Inns are exterior access rooms which are beautiful but...not my favorite as a single traveler.

This is another great Residence Inn location. Very quiet, peacefull location. Easy parking by room, simple breakfast and excellent evening reception. Free Internet with really easy access.(they have a new server which is really slow and hopefully they fix this).

The pool is nice, clean and relaxing. Staff was sincerly kind.

Great experience.

Room Tip: The entire property is quiet! Great nights sleep!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2012

First time at a Courtyard. The location was good. Close to UNC but a little out of the way. Needed a car to go almost anywhere. Neat, clean hotel. Good value. Beautiful room nice lobby. Friendly staff. Would have been nice to have an outdoor pool. It was really hot. Outdoor patio was a nice touch. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012