“Noisy adjoining rooms.”

Courtyard Chapel Hill
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The rewards points are not worth it! Adjoining room noise woke my family up after 2hrs of sleeping. Called front desk and they argued with me saying could not confirm the noise. We were supposed to stay for three nights but will check out tomorrow. Traveler beware!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank tired88
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Chapel Hill

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I arrived late night and a deer darted in front of my entrance to the building. This was rather refreshing!. I felt very secure in this hotel as it has interior access only. Some Residence's Inns are exterior access rooms which are beautiful but...not my favorite as a single traveler.

This is another great Residence Inn location. Very quiet, peacefull location. Easy parking by room, simple breakfast and excellent evening reception. Free Internet with really easy access.(they have a new server which is really slow and hopefully they fix this).

The pool is nice, clean and relaxing. Staff was sincerly kind.

Great experience.

Room Tip: The entire property is quiet! Great nights sleep!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2012

First time at a Courtyard. The location was good. Close to UNC but a little out of the way. Needed a car to go almost anywhere. Neat, clean hotel. Good value. Beautiful room nice lobby. Friendly staff. Would have been nice to have an outdoor pool. It was really hot. Outdoor patio was a nice touch. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I would like to thank Cynthia Knight and the general manager for correcting a misunderstanding on my bill. Also, the room was comfortable for a middle class person without all the extras that you usually pay for and don't use. I recommend the breakfast. Everyone was nice.

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 4; the elevator was fast. Ask for a discount.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that we were able to correct the misunderstandning with your bill. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Thanks!
Crystal Bynum

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Please read other "Terrible" review, don't take my word on this along.

You make your reservations more than 45 days in advance, follow all of the rules, show up and are told you are being "walked" to another Hotel as they are over booked. Still have not figured out what "Walked" means, must be Marriott speak for "Get Out".

We were booked for 4 nights, they made a one night reservation at another Hotel we had to find on our own, in the dark. We were on our own for the rest of our stay.

No apology, no directions, no gratuity, just hit the road with a cold impersonal form letter that had been copied a thousand times, telling the new Hotel we were entitled to one night and one phone call on the Marriott.

As a frequent business travelers we were not happy and will never use them again.

To their credit when I did call Marriot Corporate and complain that I at least would like my points, the General Manager did accomodate them, just what we would have gotten if we had stayed the 4 days, and a little more (please, about $5 worth). I should never have had to ask.

No Thanks, there are better places to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mLIZp

Thank you for the review of our hotel. There has been a situation in the last month in which we had an unforeseen circumstance that placed the hotel in a situation to relocate a few guests. In this scenario, we pay for the first room night and welcome you back to the hotel on subsequent nights. We take full responsibility for the issue that caused the limited availability of guest rooms which is why we pay for your one night stay.

If the point compensation isn't what you expected, please feel free to contact me directly at (919) 883-3402. I want to be sure that you are satisfied with the compensation so that we can maintain your loyalty to the brand.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Crystal Bynum