“Run away”

Trilussa
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Spanish
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Horrible place. Terrible staff, and no corkage fee. Wine list just a guideline. Stay away from this place.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Small, intimate place. Authentic food. Feels almost like eating in someone's home.

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Poor, poor man, he has great cooking talent when not under pressure! I had some wonderful dinners there. It's the experience that wavers for the customers. It's an emotional roller coaster and the mood is cooked within the food you are served.

Catch the chef on a good night, your golden. Catch the chef on a less than good night, don't go! But how would you know until you show up?

1  Thank Paisleyday
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I ate here over winter and i can safely say it was the worst meal I've had in my six years of living in the Triangle area. We waited forever for water and bread, and then for a tasteless appetizer. I ordered the risotto, but the waitress brought out an entirely different dish. When pressed, she stated without apology that "we are out of risotto." Never mind that I might have liked to choose my own replacement meal. What was ordered by the other people in my party, however, was so foul that perhaps it would not have mattered. The pasta sauce was sub-Ragu. The butter was served in plastic packets. The food was only mildly warm. I wouldn't have been surprised to learn they just microwaved some Lean Cuisine meals and served them on plates. Even when we expressed how unacceptably bad the meal was (and that I never got the entree I ordered), no apology was given, no refund issued (yep, they charged me for the non-existent risotto).

2  Thank trotskycore
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We have eaten at Trilussa several times when our son was a student at UNC. He has now graduated but we continue to return to Trilussa for what has always been a wonderful meal, reminding us of so many wonderful meals in Italy. When crowded with people, the somewhat worn decor is not as noticeable. But the reason to go is not for beauty but for the authentic food and good times with friends.