“Pleasant surprise! Absolutely loved it!!”

El Manzanillo Mexican Restaurant #5
Ranked #11 of 26 Restaurants in Cashiers
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 21
Reviewed 2 April 2021

After a great afternoon of snow tubing at Sapphire Valley Ski Area a friend and I were looking for a late lunch and a few margaritas. We found El Manzanillo on-line and discovered it was very close to where we were. What a wonderful hidden gem! We were immediately seated and brought a menu by a very friendly server. We started with a few Texas margaritas which immediately hit the spot! Our waiter was extremely accommodating with questions about the menu. The queso was also great. I noted the Queso Texana bowl on the menu, but didn't see one made with steak and/or chicken. Again, they were extremely accommodating and made me exactly what I wanted! (See picture.) Excellent food and margaritas, excellent service and very nice atmosphere. Great experience; would highly recommend and will definitely go back!

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (85)

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

The very best Mexican in Cashiers or Highlands. As of today, they are not closed, despite what the TA app shows. Try the Chile verde, it is absolutely excellent. We’ve been here more than a dozen times and loved every opportunity to eat delicious food and interact with the staff.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 7 December 2020

This is a good Mexican restaurant with a large menu. We got carryout from here - a variety of burritos and enchiladas. Nothing on the menu was unique or different from most other Mexican places we've eaten at, but everything was good. This will fit your generic Mexican food needs quite well.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed 21 November 2020

This was right below where we were staying and was craving good mexican. One of the girls in the shops (it's in a strip mall) recommend it . It was absolutely delicious !! Wish I had a chance to go back.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

I did take out and I hate having to write a bad review but honestly was the worst Mexican food I have ever had. My family of four including kids wouldn’t even eat it. I had to make a dinner afterward. Can’t understand how this place got good reviews at all. Salsa, tasteless like a bad tomato sauce, burritos a soggy mess, taco was like chopped liver. I threw it all in garbage.

Date of visit: August 2020