“Loved the Sushi!”

Oiso Sushi & Korean Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 531 Restaurants in Cary
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I do not consider myself a connoisseur of sushi, but I know what I like, and I really liked the sushi I had last night at Oiso Sushi. I ordered the Fire Station roll and the Mango Fantasy roll. I could have ordered just one and been satisfied, but I ended up eating both. So good! My friend ordered the Piano roll and the Oiso roll. They were also excellent. We each ordered two rolls because they had a special of two for $18. The regular rolls were less expensive, but we were really happy with what we ordered.

Service was quick and our waiter was very friendly. I will be coming back with my wife and daughter the next time we want sushi. They have Korean dishes on the menu, which I would like to try, but it will be hard for me to not order the sushi when I go.

I highly recommend Oiso Sushi.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Just what you want. Plus a really nice family running the place. Lots of regulars. We tried it all - seafood pancake, kimchi, fancy rolls, nigiri, bibimbap. All really really good. Even our kids liked it, and they're not usually adventurous.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 10 April 2017

This has been our newest spot to stop in for dinner. While it is a bit small and there is a wait at time. The food and service is exceptional

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2017

I visited this restaurant with a runny nose. The green tea, however, was very strong and I could smell it! Actually I liked it this way!
My order of the chef's specialty sushi arrived next. It was amazingly good! The sushi was wrapped with thinly sliced white raddish so there is a nice crunchy bite into each piece of sushi, yet allows you to taste all the ingredients inside the sushi. The only ingredient which I didn't like is the use of crab sticks, something which I never liked. The sashimi pieces tasted really fresh so I can imagine this place serves good sashimi.
My next two dishes, however, didn't impress me.
The seafood omelette pancake is a generous size - too big for me to finish alone. Lots of veg inside with squid pieces. My first bite into it and I could taste a bitter after taste. This is probably a sign that the pancake was over fried. It could otherwise mean that old reused oil was used to fry this. It didn't taste fresh overall.
Last to arrive was the beef bibimbap.
I have to admit that the bibimbap was well cooked - I could taste the crisp rice inside the pot. Very fragrant. However, my disappointment was on the amount of beef inside this dish. The beef portion was just a small portion of very tiny bits of beef which didn't taste like it was marinated at all. Once you mix the pot contents up, it's like eating a vegetarian dish - just lots of rice, veg and an egg. If this is the standard serving, then do avoid this dish altogether or ask for just a vegetarian bibimbap, that'd be cheaper.
There were two ladies serving at the restaurant. The one serving me could be the boss herself. Very friendly, Korean lady whose English is passable. I told her about the beef portion and she explained it could be the new junior cook.
She did offer to add more beef but I was about done.
Still, it might have been a nice surprise if she had offered to refund or discount that dish ...
There was another table with 8 guests. Some of the guests seemed to be regulars and now treating the others. That table ordered only sushi.
Perhaps a safe advice for now is to stick with sushi at this restaurant.
But if you just want authentic korean fare, this restaurant could make that cut. All the staff there are koreans.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Our kids love going here for the sushi- very fresh and tasty - and we love the hot Korean food, such as the bibimbap bowls, which have lots of fresh veggies added and pickled ones on the side, as is traditional. Very friendly family-run restaurant, highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Oiso Sushi & Korean Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK