“Slow down ”
Review of Golden Pig

Golden Pig
Ranked #48 of 523 Restaurants in Cary
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here this evening after spending some time at a wine bar in downtown Cary. We had not eaten here in over a year but just as I remember the food was delicious. The seafood pancake was our appetizer choice and we each had a version of bibimbap. The only downside was that we got our appetizer and our meal at the exact same time which I remember was something they've done in the past. There was just too much food too fast. No restaurant should serve their appetizer with the main course at the same time. I do remember that the last time we were there we made a point not to order our food until we had finished our appetizer. The food was all delicious but again you feel terribly rushed when everything is delivered at one time. Be sure to enjoy your appetizer and then order your main course.

1  Thank Pam C

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Members of our family are from Korea and others have lived near Seoul for years. It was so nice to see such a nice offering of Korean dishes, each of which was prepared well and very tasty. The service was great. Our server was quite attentive and even chatted and joked with us. This was perhaps influenced by our ability to converse in Korean. I did notice there were several parties of Koreans eating there, which speaks to the quality of the food. The restaurant has a casual atmosphere, with tables and booths available.
Overall I recommend Golden Pig to any who are seeking good Korean food or perhaps just interested in trying some Korean cuisine.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I love eating at the Golden Pig! The sides are all delicious and the specials are very creative. My son loves the spicy Kalbi tang soup and the potato stew with pork neck bones was excellent on our last trip there. The service is always excellent and helpful if you want to try something new.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Great food and service. Sell beer and wine. Big portions!
I was very impressed with the food, as it was my first time at a Korean restaurant. The previous reviews helped tremendously. The service was great even though there was a bit of a language barrier. They attempted to understand and showed pictures if needed. My husband enjoyed and we will return. The barbecue pork was amazing and the short ribs were just as good.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

This restaurant is amazing. I have eaten here several times, and I am never disappointed. I just wish I lived closer! I always get the Korean pork barbecue, which is incredible - perfectly seasoned served on a bed of grilled onions. I love the condiments they serve with all their dishes - spicy cucumbers, spicy greens, green beans and a few other items. I know I should try some of the other dishes. My friend, who lives in Cary, says everything is wonderful. But the barbecue is just so good and I get there so rarely, I have to go with it! Also the servers are really nice people and the service is really fast.

Been to Golden Pig? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK