“Great food with range of dishes for all tastes (a busy joint)”
Review of Toast Cafe

Toast Cafe
Ranked #21 of 524 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Visited here for breakfast a few years ago when it was called "Toast", now rebranded under the "Famous Toastery" name we stopped by with guests from the UK for lunch. Arriving at 12.30 we had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. No worries.

The menu had something for everyone. Although tempted by the crab rolls (someone else at the table had them and I'm coming back for those some day), I had a Greek Salad. Rest of table enjoyed a chicken wrap with some sort of heat in it. All in all a great meal, with plenty of choice for sides and something for everyone (even us with our picky British tastes). We'll be back.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Just had lunch here recently. The food was good, but not outstanding. They are part of the "Famous Toastery chain". One of the trademarks is that every server is your server -- that is you don't have an assigned waiter. I guess in theory thats good, but it could easily turn into "no server is your server". That didn't exactly happen to us, our service was OK. But it was clear no one person was watching out for us. Several times we had to wait longer than you would expect for something. I don't think the service was bad, but rather just slightly better than OK.
We've eaten at other of their locations and have found that it tends to be best for breakfast or lunch. I would definitely go back, but not the top of my list.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were eager to try this restaurant. I wanted to try the Lobster roll but the server said they were out (at 12:20?) so I got the egg salad. It was served on toasted white bread with lettuce and tomato but nothing else. It was so flavor less. No seasoning at all in the egg salad. It tasted like just chopped boiled eggs. There was no mayo or anything on the bread either. My husband had the Chicken Caesar wrap which was good and the Mac and cheese which was awesome. I had a side of cucumber salad which was good. I don’t know if the egg salad was just a mistake for the day or if it’s always that bad but I would not want to try it again.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Visiting my best friend and she took me to Toast Cafe for breakfast. Since I do not eat eggs, I ordered the pressed grilled cheese with bacon and avocado. It was perfection! The tomatoes were ripe and juicy and the bread was fresh, toasted perfectly. It came with this delicious cole slaw (made with purple and green cabbage, not too much mayo, but tasty (with apple cider vinegar I would imagine, it was so good, I was going to ask for more but chickened out. LOL! My best friend had the cornbeef hash with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. She kept saying Oh my God as she was eating it. She enjoyed it so much and said it was the best cornbeef hash she's ever eaten. Obviously they make it from scratch, you could see how fresh it was. The iced tea was even awesome (half sweet and unsweetened).. Our server was lovely and attentive (wish I could remember her name). Will come here again when I come back to visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

great place for breakfast. large selection on menu. the bagel with lox is impressive in size. omlettes always great. staff always freindly and helpful.

Been to Toast Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK