“Looks like a dump but Gourmet Chinese awaits you!”
Review of Super Wok

Super Wok
Ranked #79 of 524 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 17 November 2016

Located in a rather crummy area of downtown old Cary, this restaurant in a multi ethnic downtrodden strip mall opposite a trailer park that has seen better days is perhaps the best Chinese food in Wake County bar none ! The menu is very different & you will not find Chow mein or other Cantonese dishes. Super Wok says they cook Szechuan & they do but the menu abounds with other unfamiliar but delicious Chinese dishes....Our problem was as Seniors , we had not seen these dishes in other Chinese restaurants so we decided to be adventurous & order new things.....The soup was the only familiar territory & I ordered Won Ton & the wife ordered Egg Drop ......Both soups were the best we have tasted & the soup in the Won Ton's chicken base was so good that my wife ordered their broth for take out on Thanksgiving where at home she will add matzo balls in place of the wontons...The only problem with the soups is that they are just too much as it cuts down on what else you can eat in further dishes but we were game & ordered lamb with onion & scallions as well as Okra with black beans & garlic......I never realized that a Chinese restaurant serves lamb & it was absolutely delicious mixing in white rice as needed but the Okra cut whole lengthwise with black beans & garlic was not only absolutey fresh & healthy, it was also absolutely delicious also.......Other tables had various versions of fish usually flounder that looked fresh & mixed with different combos of vegetables & sauces . Some had steamed flounder which was a whole fish.........You know you are in a great restaurant when the other patrons are licking their plates clean...........We can't wait to go back & try the fish, chinese broccoli & all the other super fresh dishes at Super Wok......................Best of all these are cheap eats but food is gourmet in every way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank aslanf192

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Aim to please. We dine here often. Anytime we encounter any issue with our dish or ordered something that we may not have wanted, they have never given us any issues with changing out the dish, or taking it off our bill. The food is amazing. They are small and can get busy. Every time we come in they know exactly what my husband will have, and we've been friends with the owners. Awesome place, a must for authentic Szechuan Chinese Food. You know a place is good when most of the restaurant is of Asian descent. Their lunch is an awesome price and super delicious!

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Tried this after seeing how many good reviews they already had. Everyone was very friendly and it was definitely good quality and better than your average Chinese restaurant. Got crispy tofu and fried salt and pepper squid - both were great, and we have a good amount of leftovers.

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

Visited for the first time. We shared a single dish. Crispy tofu. Food was well prepared, very tasty and we would order it again. Service was attentive and very pleasant.

Reviewed 24 August 2015

I spent 7 years living in Raleigh, and I was introduced to this small family-owned restaurant towards the second half of my tenure by a colleague of mine. When it was time to move to another city I made a pact with the owner and said "I promise I will always stop by here whenever I come back to town" and I have kept my promise ever since.
Every time I go I order the same 3 things: Hot and sour seafood soup (It can easily be shared by 2-3 people), twice-cooked beef with peppers, and red pepper chicken. Order these and thank me later! I don't even have to see the menu! And every time I show up the owner knows what I am getting it doesn't matter how much time it has passed since my last visit! The restaurant is clean, the service is fast, and it literally costs a dime!! If you want authentic Chinese food do yourselves a favor, visit this gem and thank me later!

1  Thank Omer G

Been to Super Wok? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK