“Good favor, just turn up the oven!”
Review of Filly & Colts

Filly & Colts
Ranked #11 of 30 Restaurants in Carthage
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

After reading a local company’s recommendation, my husband and I went for Sunday brunch to the Filly and Colt. The omlet was good, but rather than going back for more mushrooms when asked for them, when my husband went back to the table to wait for the omlet, the chef just made it without them! She chose not to wait for the mushrooms! ALL of the food was cold. ALL of it. Try cold Italian shells (cheese not even melted). Cold mashed potatoes. Cold hash brown casserole. Cold roast beef roll ups with gravy. Cold biscuits, sausage etc. Dessert was tiny slices of possibly store bought cake and pie. Nothing special.

We will not go back. Too many good places in the area to settle for this. They did give us one free meal.

Brenda McWhorter, Pinehurst

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Very tasty!! We had a Reuben and a Cheese Steak sandwich both excellent .Also, the fries are best in the area.
Our waitress was very knowledgeable and attentive.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Off season visit.

The Prime Rib was excellent, made to order omelets and waffles were very good. We also enjoyed the Shrimp and grits, sausage, mixed vegetables and cream spinach (my weakness). Nice ambiance. Pleasant , attentive staff.

Drinks (coffee, juice) are extra. $20 per person with tip out the door.

Would recommend.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We were out and about and stopped here for dinner. The lobby and entrance area is real nice. Large restaurant. I had shrimp and grits. Real good pimento cheese grits. I just think the prices were a little high.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Ate there the first time last week with another couple. Menu was not large but had a decent enough variety. I ordered the flounder as it looked to be the lowest calorie item on the menu with veggies and roast brussel sprouts. The portion was large and it was very good however so much butter! I cant say I didn't enjoy it, I did but hard for a gal to accept while watching her waistline.