“Dinner”

Deck House
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We serve some of the most delicious and fresh seafood and handcut steaks around. Come in to try one of our great wines or cocktails and if you are unsure of what to get a friend or family for a gift, our Gift Certificates will always make people happy! We do not accept reservations, however we do have a spacious full service bar for you to wait in if a table is not available right away.
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Locally recommended but underwhelming. Pretty pricy for what you get. Crowded and noisy the Friday night we were there. We’ll give it another chance

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Nice, pleasant atmosphere. A bit more upscale for Carolina Beach, but still casual and comfortable. Friendly wait and bar staff. Our meals were hot, tasty and served after approp wait. Overall dining experience was very very...decent.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Was in the Carolina Beach area for Thanksgiving, wanted something other than turkey, we chose Deck House. I had the sesame topped grouper, it was awesome. The serving size took up the plate, with my side coming separate. The entire fillet was topped with a thick layer of sesame seeds and the with a ginger/soy liquid. The waitress was informative of the menu and very pleasant, I enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

The food here is...okay. Not terrible, but most definitely NOT worth the price you pay. I've been about six times over the past two years and most of the time the food is good, but it just seems like pre-made meals they heated in the microwave.

If the prices were more reasonable, I'd say the place is pretty good. i.e., At this price point ($22-$32+ per entree) you should expect better plate presentation, more flavors, and something a little nicer than a vinyl tablecloth that looks like something my grandmother had in the 80's. The atmosphere reminds me of a Waffle House or Denny's or some other cheap dining place.

Not so bad I don't go back every now and then, but this would never be a place I'd recommend as a "go to" restaurant to visitors looking for a good meal at the beach.

On a positive note, the server on this most recent visit was amazing!

1  Thank DogLiving
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We were dissatisfied with the whole experience here. The food was not very good. We ordered appetizers and wine. The entrees came before we had a chance to finish our appetizers. While we like fast service, this was extremely fast and indicative that the food was prepared well in advance. Not recommended.