“Overpriced Denny's”

Deck House
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We serve some of the most delicious and fresh seafood and handcut steaks around. Come in to try one of our great wines or cocktails and if you are unsure of what to get a friend or family for a gift, our Gift Certificates will always make people happy! We do not accept reservations, however we do have a spacious full service bar for you to wait in if a table is not available right away.
Reviewed 13 November 2017

The food here is...okay. Not terrible, but most definitely NOT worth the price you pay. I've been about six times over the past two years and most of the time the food is good, but it just seems like pre-made meals they heated in the microwave.

If the prices were more reasonable, I'd say the place is pretty good. i.e., At this price point ($22-$32+ per entree) you should expect better plate presentation, more flavors, and something a little nicer than a vinyl tablecloth that looks like something my grandmother had in the 80's. The atmosphere reminds me of a Waffle House or Denny's or some other cheap dining place.

Not so bad I don't go back every now and then, but this would never be a place I'd recommend as a "go to" restaurant to visitors looking for a good meal at the beach.

On a positive note, the server on this most recent visit was amazing!

1  Thank DogLiving

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We were dissatisfied with the whole experience here. The food was not very good. We ordered appetizers and wine. The entrees came before we had a chance to finish our appetizers. While we like fast service, this was extremely fast and indicative that the food was prepared well in advance. Not recommended.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We were seated pretty quick. We were seated in the bar area which was a big mistake. It was so loud it was very disgusting and you could not even enjoy your diner. The waitress had to ask us several times what we wanted. It is a really cute place; it is in a remodeled church.

I ordered the Scallops and shrimp stir fry and it was ok but not anything to brag about. The shrimp was cooked too much and was tough and the Scallops were good. I ordered penne noodles instead of rice pilaf and the noodles were tough like they had been kept warm ll day.

My husband ordered a blackened ribeye and it was not blackened. He also ordered Michelob light and he got a Samuel Adams.

My son ordered the blackened Ribeye and it was so tough and dried out and he ordered it med rare. The waitress never asked how are your steaks cooked. She was very slow but nice. It was almost like she was more interested in taken care of the people behind us drinking, good tip I guess she was working for. Us we had no choice to what we we wanted to tip because there were 6 of us. We will not go back.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We always come here for at least one meal when we are in Kure Beach. Food is very good, prices are reasonable and the service is good. Their grouper chowder is excellent

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Looked interesting from the outside, an old church converted into a restaurant, just had appetizers, was good, everything out of the kitchen looked pretty good!