“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Heart of it all
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We didn't know what to expect, so we were pleasantly surprised. Check in was fast and easy and we were able to get in a couple hours early. We had a split room, it was very clean. We loved the view of the ocean and the convenience of the on premise restaurant.

Room Tip: Tips to get a good room.....just ask.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank OhLynne
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Having visited various beaches in NC for 35 years, it is always hit or miss when you try a new place. The internet has certainly helped with pictures of the rooms, etc., if they are current.

For a quick trip down to the beach with the family, and when I don't want to do a lot of research, I can always count on Golden Sands. Ocean front, CLEAN, and good service. Most of the time, that is all you need. Of course, CLEAN is the best part. They do a very good job here making sure the rooms are clean. For anyone that has walked into their beach accommodations, then quickly walked out, this is what you value.

Some have commented that the beds are a little hard, and I paid closer attention to the bed comfort this time. I will agree that they are not the most comfortable beds I've slept in, but everyone is generally so beach-tired, it generally isn't an issue.

It isn't fancy, or "beach-decorated" like some rentals at the coast, but it meets the basic needs very well.

1 Thank DeidreDLH
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Had a great 2nd year experience at the Carolina Beach thanks in large part to Golden Sands. Stayed at the newer North Building and was fully satisfied. A small irritant was the slow-draining bathroom sink. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Would definitely go back.

2 Thank soccerocker90
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2011

When we arrived we paid for our room upon checkin. We did not think about a reciept (WILL NEXT TIME).Arrived on Monday was suppose to stay until Thursday but left on Wednesday instead turned key in and left.Within 15 minutes of arriving at home my phone was ringing and it was Golden sands wanting to know how I wanted to pay for my room and I told the lady that called that I paid when I checked in and that a man with dark hair took my money in cash and he did not offer or give me a reciept she said he was the owner and would tell him.So I had to lay here all night wondering if they had got this matter straight so I sent them an Email asking and she said it was fixed and they was sorry for the inconvience, was not so much an inconvience as to the fact that is was embrassing.Over all very nice and clean place to stay just make sure you get your reciept.

3 Thank lovemykids1445
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here and based our decision on the reviews from this site. We made the right choice! Fantastic views, beach, room, service, etc. Everything was very clean and well-maintained. The view from our balcony was wonderful and having access to a tiki bar and good restaurant was perfect. We could walk into town as well. We are already planning our trip back in the fall and feel lucky to live only a few hours away. We will stay here again and we highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: All are ocean front so no worries.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple