“Great place right on the beach...classic and clean”
Review of Sea Ranch Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Sea Ranch Motel
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We had a blast, Room was on the 3rd floor. Was clean. This is a classic beach motel from the late 60s or so. Bathroom is small, kitchen is nice, a/c and heating unit are a wall unit but worked just fine. All the staff were friendly. This place is right on the beach. We had every meal on the balcony watching the waves. Being old it has thin walls. But its the beach you are not there to be inside.

Room Tip: get a top floor room when possible.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank strollingbonez

Reviewed 11 August 2011

At the last minute my husband discovered he had time off during my scheduled vacation so being desperately homesick for the beach we decided to take a quick trip. Was very excited about the Sea Ranch as it seemed to be a fairly nice place. I grew up on Cape Cod so I am quite familiar with MUCH NICER establishments that DO NOT have a stay length minimum. I was QUIT RUDELY snapped at and informed of the 3 night minimum. Seriously now...in this day in age you'd think they would just be pleased to have you consider their establishment! What purpose does a 3 night minimum serve other than to gouge patrons...just saying...I mean the 4 star hotels don't even have a minimum stay length...GET REAL SEA RANCH...and take a course in customer service while you're at it! Marriott to the rescue!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank reds0x33
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My mom and I stayed here on a long weekend, primarily because we couldn't find anywhere else to stay at such short notice. However, we were not disappointed. It is a family-owned motel without bells or whistles, but it makes for a comfy, quiet stay. The owners were very kind and helpful, and solved the only problem we had without any grief. (Someone had used the extra blanket in our room as a beach blanket, re-folded it, and put it back into the closet. When I put it on my bed, I could have built a sand castle out of all the sand in it. They apologized profusely and replaced it with a clean one immediately.) There is a heated pool, and easy access to the beach. The room was an average double-double, clean, with closet space and hangers, as well as a mini-fridge. Although our room was in the building without an ocean view, it was still a great place to stay and the location is perfect- very close to all the great restaurants and attractions at Carolina Beach, as well as the aquarium and fort fisher at Kure Beach.

Room Tip: There are two buildings that make up the motel, and only one of them has ocean views, so keep that i...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Fiorentina7
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We stayed at the Sea Ranch years ago and its definitely gone downhill in my opinion. The only good thing going for it was the two pools. I booked an Oceanfront Efficiency with two beds. Wanted 2nd or 3rd floor but got the 1st floor. A handicapped room at that with the bathroom sink in the main room. The only time you could see a bit of the ocean was during the day time as the dunes were right there outside the balcony - forget seeing the ocean at night. As far as the room, if you want an efficiency you may want to bring some utensils or pots and pans as we only had two pots and one pan, 4 forks etc. The beds were as hard as rocks and the sheets had stains on them. The carpeted floor was nasty! The bottoms of my feet were black from walking barefoot on them the first night - something I didn't do the rest of our stay. Housekeeping? All they did was bring around new towels and took out the trash.
They definitely need to upgrade and renovate this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Libby1946
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My parents rented the Family Fish Cottage next to the hotel. The house has four bedrooms, two baths, and a roomy eat-in kitchen. The house was spacious with a great front porch for morning coffee or tea. We really enjoyed the back deck in the evenings. Although this house is nestled amongst other homes and the hotel, the breeze off the ocean was wonderful. It was no big deal that it was not ocean front. The walk was short from the house to the beach. Yes, the house is old, but to us that meant lots of charm. I felt like I was sleeping at grandma's house with the bead board throughout the house. The property was tidy, clean, and the air conditioning felt great! The hotel staff was attentive and very friendly. The pools were a great way to cool off at the end of a long day at the beach. They were never crowded and well kept. We are truly looking forward to returning next year! This was one of the best trips yet.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family