“Mmmmm Down Home Cooking”

A & G Barbecue & Chicken
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

This is a little hidden gem of a place with awesome food and Amazing service!!! The place was packed so our family sat at two separate tables. The fried chicken was good and the mashed potatoes were so good I could have just ate out of the pot! my husband had onion rings that were cut and battered there "Can you say YUM". We never had to wait to have our drinks filled as the man and woman serving that evening both waited on wveryone in and out of the building! As a manager...Awesome team work and management! Thank you again and we will be back and put the wors out to this cute little place!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Your food is served on foam plates and the restaurant itself has no pretenses with decor or layout, so you're able to relax and enjoy yourself and the food is outstanding. A nice selection of comfort foods on the menu and daily specials are announced when you're seated. I had the BBQ, which was delicious. It reminds you of going to a diner with grandma doing the cooking. We are regular visitors to Carolina Beach, but this was our first time here and we plan to add it to our regular rotation.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I stopped there for an infancy lunch. I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich, which was basic, but good. Most people were ordering comfort food like bbq and mashed potatoes. I also had a piece of chocolate cake, which was fine.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We pre-ordered the family dinner packs, ready when they said it would be. All very tasty and great to eat. Almost best of all we didn't have to get ready and wait in line somewhere. Best of all was that the food was good. Just be warned that it is NC "white" BBQ - a vinegar based bbq - so it won't be red. First time we ordered years ago, we thought they forgot the sauce. The chicken was great!! And the sides were delicious.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Title says it all. Everything is well seasoned, like eating at grandma's house. My husband loves it but I'm vegetarian so not as many options for me.