“Good Pancakes”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Enjoyed breakfast here several times. The service was nice and fast

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

This was my boyfriend and I's first trip to Carolina Beach. Kate's is just a short walk from our Inn and since the first morning of our 4 night stay we have been eating here for breakfast! Friendly, attentive staff, good coffee, and the food is delicious. Despite ordering the healthy banana nut pancakes and having the bananas cooked through one morning and the next morning just having the bananas ontop of the pancakes, I was still very satisfied. The grits are out of this world!

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Nice welcome, good service. But the full nut pancakes had a only a sprinkling of nuts on the too one, otherwise plain whereas the other 2 had the batter mixed fully with lots of nuts. I complained on checkout and they said they were sorry that it had been camouflaged .
Otherwise, very plentiful .

Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

They do pancakes well! Great service, old time diner feel! Has that coffee shop atmosphere.

Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

This is not a fine dining establishment. It's a family-style pancake place at the beach. We went for breakfast on a Saturday morning in the middle of a holiday weekend. I knew it would be crowded & loud. I was right! However, we were seated after a short wait. Our server was polite & attentive while taking our order. We got our food quickly & our orders were correct. My husband's omelet was basic--just cheese. Clearly the whites weren't whipped & folded in gently, but it was pretty good for what it was--a cheesey-type omelet. I went simple--scrambled eggs,bacon,hash browns. Eggs cooked well, bacon crisp, & hash browns actually were good. Lots of people ordering waffles, pancakes, & French toast w/ fruit&whipped cream. I don't know if it tasted good, but it sure looked delicious.
All in all, a good experience for a decent price. Good start to a fun day at the beach.