“This place is a [--]!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Mermaid Manor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Mermaid Manor
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
North Carolina
“This place is a [--]!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

Today is Wednesday, suppose to stay until Sunday. I am looking for another place to stay NOW. I took pics of the "Molded" windows, NASTY refrigerator, floors, shower, sink, Entire place. Went to CVS, printed pictures, & went straight to the Chamber of Commerce. I also contacted the Environmental Health Dept. I suggest anyone with the same issues, please write to the Chamber of Commerce @ Carolina Beach. It needs to be closed down, & Bulldozed or burned down completely.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
13 Thank pookat
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

I agree with all those who submitted negative reviews about hotel.
It was very nasty upon our arrival. The pictures on the Internet and
the owners description over the phone were all misleading. We could
hardly breathe while viewing the room; the bathroom had dirt in
shower, toilet nasty and the sink. The kitchen wa nasty and filthy!
The owner was not at all considerate of customer satisfaction and
doing what was right ethically! She did not provide a refund, which we
did not even stay at the hotel at ALL. It seems that this hotel is running
a scam to collect money from travelers. I will file a complaint to the
appropriate agency and will push on this issue until ALL hotels like this
one get their hotels in proper, inspectable order and clean immaculately
to ensure that the living conditions are 100% for a living being to be safe,
in a clean and healthy environment. The owner should be ashamed of
herself and know that God sees all the wrong we do and she shall reap
what she soes from God. You have treated and done so much wrong to
good people and God's people.

• Stayed April 2010
8 Thank SPBG738

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

We Loved the Mermaid Manor. I understand it is under new management and I don't know how it was before our stay,but we will be back. They were working on the place while we were there and it is old,but my wife and I travel a good bit and this is on our we'll return list. Great location,very charming and very nice people.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

When we found Mermaid Manor House, our first thoughts were this could not be the place we were staying. The outside had no real parking next to Manor except for a one lane drive. You could park across the street but they had to get parking permits from the owner of the parking spaces. We made reservations for a 2 bedroom, living room, full kitchen and bathroom. What they had to offer were one bedroom with a pull out couch in living room, a shower (which I would not use) toilet and in the only bedroom was the sink and small medicine cabinet mirror. No place to place or store bath necessities (a female nightmare in itself). The refrigerator was dirty, Microwave inside was rusted, the coffee pot was so dirty I would not have used it period. No table only a bar and 2 bar stools no stove to cook on, no table to eat at. This is what they consider a Suite of rooms. The overall lack of cleaniness included dust and sand and sticky stuff on things. The place was poorly lighted and made it appear even less clean. I am not a neat freak, but I don't rent my home to others for them to try to live in. Didn't know there was a no dogs allowed on beach policy at all till I read in the other reviews. In a pet friendly beach rental I expect for my pet to be able to enjoy the beach. The web site we viewed indicated the owner was a minister. We were require to pay in advance and could not get any satisfaction about our room. We stayed about two hours trying to work out our issues with owner and could not. We drove home.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jewels1234
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

Every year my mother, sister and her kids take a weekend trip to CB. We have preivously stayed at another location but this year we stay at the Mermaid due to vacancy issues at our other location...I immediately went to this site to see reviews...I was scared before going b/c of other reviews on this site...HOWEVER the bad ones are a bit harsh...Yes the Manor is old (just like all the motels on the ocean front in CB)...there are no luxury items you might expect from up scale hotel chains...And No, you cannot see the ocean from your room--that is b/c unlike most touristy beaches, in NC we have DUNES...you go over the dune and there is the beach...The policy reads that there are no refunds...had other disgruntal people read that they would have already known...
I felt VERY safe there, enjoyed the owner and his dog. Everyone we talked to who was staying there at the same time seemed very nice. There were no loud obnixous people there...it is not tolerated! The pool area is old, but nice...there could be some upgrades done to the entire palce and seems to be occuring gradually, overall the place was nice. I would stay there again esp. since they are pet friendly.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family