“the best”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Candler
Detroit, Michigan
“the best”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

When in the ashville n.c. area stay at this days inn. It is well worth going out of your way. Great
staff and clean safe rooms. better than most choice hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We work hard to make sure our guests have a great experience and it is always a pleasure to see that acknowledged. We look forward to seeing you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Check in was a breeze though for some reason our keys kept forgetting how to unlock the door.
After check in we went down to the complimentary dinner which saved us a trip out.
The room was clean and comfy. The internet connection was good.
Breakfast was better than most of the places we have stayed.
At check out we ended paying what they said it would be the night before.
All in all a nice experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us and I am pleased to know you had a good stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with your room keys, they do get deactivated if placed near something magnetic like a cell phone, although our guests like to think that its because they have a magnetic personality :-) Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Avondale
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was by far the friendliest staff we've ever met. We stayed only a short time but had a great stay. April and Dawna are so sweet and represent the hotel very well. We got an excellant senior rate and checked into our room. This hotel is an older hotel but it's well maintained and very clean. There was a refrigerator and small microwave, coffee pot, iron and free internet that worked very well. The rate include a free supper that was Brunswick stew, cornbread, tea and cookies. It was very tasty and really free.Dawna is the breakfast and supper server and she did a great job. The area is very pretty and righ outside of Asheville along I-40. Great place to save money and still enjoy yourself.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Another great review of our establishment! Thank you very much for your feedback and for your recognition of the exemplary service provided by Donna and April. The Days Inn Asheville West takes pride in offering friendly service and a great value and I am very pleased to know you had a wonderful experience with us and were able to enjoy the various amenities we offer. We are also very fortunate to be located close to several attractions in gorgeous west NC such as the beautiful Dupont State Forest with its waterfalls where "The Hunger Games" was filmed. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again. SIncerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Mount Holly, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have read some earlier criticism of this Days Inn and I am sure we must have stayed at a different place....either that or the earlier critic hasn't sobered up yet. My wife and I enjoyed our stay from the time we checked in. The rooms are fresh and clean; the staff is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I was in town on business and have made plans to return to this Inn for my subsequent visits to the area. I understand I should not expect a mint on my pillow and I don't really spend much time watching door frames (prefer TV or a good book) but I have stayed in fine hotels in Puerto Rico, Las Vegas, New York, Dallas and many many more places. There is not one facility which I have found to be cleaner or more inviting to its guests than this one. I can live with age if its clean. Don't need to be coddled and stroked for $50+- per night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your favorable and amusing review of the Days Inn Asheville West. I would also like to think that the previous review was not meant for our property because it does not represent the service we provide. Unfortunately due to anonymity of reviews, I have no way to confirm this. I am very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and your positive comments are greatly appreciated by our staff who work very hard to make sure our guests have a great experience. There is no better compliment than repeat business from our guests and we look forward to seeing you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Hell, Norway
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I am a Motel 6 kinda guy. Nothin' fancy is fine by me. But this ancient ruin is a disaster zone amid the wonderful scenery of western North Carolina. No way does it deserve a "Tripadvisor Recommended" sticker on the front door. This hotel occupies an old Soviet-style block on a hill overlooking the newish reception area. Everything is dilapidated, the carpets, the curtains, the furniture and decor, the door frames, the general construction. Worst of all, my threadbare blanket was crusty. I would hate to put it under a microscope. Chances are you drove here. Drive to a better place, either at the next exit closer to town, or check out the hundreds of hotels in Asheville proper on Tunnel Road. If they cost a few bucks extra (and it won't be more than that), consider it money well saved and misery wisely avoided.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
gmdiaw, General Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
I am truly sorry you weren’t happy with our hotel. It is indeed 50 years old and we are proud that almost all of our customers love the old time quality, combined with our outstanding customer service, sparkling clean rooms, immaculate giant pool, free breakfast buffet, free dinner, and park-at-your door convenience. The State of NC rates us “A” as does Buncombe County. Our inspection scores with Days Inn are among the highest of all Days Inns, including the new and more expensive hotels. Again, we are sorry that we were not what you were looking for, but we are very proud of our reputation and our very high level of repeat business and we will always deliver sparkling clean rooms. SIncerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.

Travellers are raving about these Candler hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
10.9 km away
#48 of 65 in Asheville
8.9 km away
Quality Inn West of Asheville
11.4 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
11.4 km away
Sleep Inn West
Sleep Inn West
#16 of 65 in Asheville
10.5 km away
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West

Been to Days Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK