“Wonderful Experience! Delightful,Clean Atmosphere! Friendly Staff!”

Days Inn Asheville West
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Candler
Mount Holly, North Carolina
“Wonderful Experience! Delightful,Clean Atmosphere! Friendly Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have read some earlier criticism of this Days Inn and I am sure we must have stayed at a different place....either that or the earlier critic hasn't sobered up yet. My wife and I enjoyed our stay from the time we checked in. The rooms are fresh and clean; the staff is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I was in town on business and have made plans to return to this Inn for my subsequent visits to the area. I understand I should not expect a mint on my pillow and I don't really spend much time watching door frames (prefer TV or a good book) but I have stayed in fine hotels in Puerto Rico, Las Vegas, New York, Dallas and many many more places. There is not one facility which I have found to be cleaner or more inviting to its guests than this one. I can live with age if its clean. Don't need to be coddled and stroked for $50+- per night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you very much for your favorable and amusing review of the Days Inn Asheville West. I would also like to think that the previous review was not meant for our property because it does not represent the service we provide. Unfortunately due to anonymity of reviews, I have no way to confirm this. I am very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and your positive comments are greatly appreciated by our staff who work very hard to make sure our guests have a great experience. There is no better compliment than repeat business from our guests and we look forward to seeing you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Hell, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I am a Motel 6 kinda guy. Nothin' fancy is fine by me. But this ancient ruin is a disaster zone amid the wonderful scenery of western North Carolina. No way does it deserve a "Tripadvisor Recommended" sticker on the front door. This hotel occupies an old Soviet-style block on a hill overlooking the newish reception area. Everything is dilapidated, the carpets, the curtains, the furniture and decor, the door frames, the general construction. Worst of all, my threadbare blanket was crusty. I would hate to put it under a microscope. Chances are you drove here. Drive to a better place, either at the next exit closer to town, or check out the hundreds of hotels in Asheville proper on Tunnel Road. If they cost a few bucks extra (and it won't be more than that), consider it money well saved and misery wisely avoided.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
gmdiaw, General Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
I am truly sorry you weren’t happy with our hotel. It is indeed 50 years old and we are proud that almost all of our customers love the old time quality, combined with our outstanding customer service, sparkling clean rooms, immaculate giant pool, free breakfast buffet, free dinner, and park-at-your door convenience. The State of NC rates us “A” as does Buncombe County. Our inspection scores with Days Inn are among the highest of all Days Inns, including the new and more expensive hotels. Again, we are sorry that we were not what you were looking for, but we are very proud of our reputation and our very high level of repeat business and we will always deliver sparkling clean rooms. SIncerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.

Travellers are raving about these Candler hotels

Oldsmar, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I normally use booking.com but if this motel was mentioned, there were too few reviews, yet, to 'rate' ... Fortunately, it was 'hotels.com' reviews which alerted me to one thing this motel does that is exceedingly different: it offers a sort of 'half board' wrapped in to an unbelieably reasonable rate!
We arrived after dark and the gals at the front desk were really nice, mentioning that there was 'soup in the breakfast room'. There was a chicken tortallini and a vegetarian soup on offer along w/ crackers and ice tea. Nothing fancy, but they had no problem with our bringing in a bottle of wine and having a couple of bowls for that night's supper. In fact they were helpful in directing us back to the 'Dollar Store' which, although its lights were out at 7 p.m. when we'd come by, was open until at least 8 p.m. in order to buy wine and they even recommended that if we didn't have one, $ Store would sell us a corkscrew, too, as they didn't have one there at the Motel. As folks finished their soup suppers, one of the women came around and offered 3 chocolate chip cookies to each diner.
The next morning, Jim laughed upon opening one of the soup tureens, saying, 'Soup for breakfast, too?' I had to show him that what was on offer was biscuits and gravy, one of MY personal favorites. There was fruit and juice, cereal and pastries, so no need for one to hit the road hungry here.
The motel itself was basic, yet rooms had coffee pots. The only negative that I could find was that the walls were thin and for the first hour or so after retiring (granted, before 10 p.m. ... if it continued afterward, we slept through it) there were neighboring kids, for the most part, slamming up and down the stairs. One wing didn't seem as 'used', so it would have been nice to put those requesting a 'quiet room' (which we always do) or those WITHOUT kids in to this wing, instead.
I can't remember WHEN I felt I got MORE than my money worth at an overnight stay, which is why I rate Days Inn WEST so favorably. The Biltmore was AWESOME (a 'must see', best done EARLY) so if it's a peak 'tourist' season, book here for the night before.

Room Tip: ask for room in the wing with least children as walls are thin
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wanderlassie
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Wow, thank you so much for your glowing and comprehensive review of your stay with us at the Days Inn Asheville West! It is the highest compliment to be rated as "a favorite motel in years" by a seasoned international traveler. I am very pleased to know you enjoyed your visit, especially the 2 free meals and the convenience of the location. The nearby Biltmore Estate is indeed a "must see", especially during the Christmas season and is well worth the price of admission at our discount rates. I sincerely apologize that you had noisy neighbors and hope that will not deter you from visiting us again if you are ever in the Asheville area. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West.
irvie ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Motel was very clean. Staff was excellent and the price was unbelievable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am very pleased to know you were satisfied with your stay. Clean accomodations and excellent customer service at the best price in the Asheville area is what we take pride in offering. Thank you for reviewing us and we hope to see you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Kite
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

Great rates, helpful staff. Ms. Donna cooks up some great food for breakfast and supper.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
gmdiaw, Manager at Days Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and for acknowledging Donna's service. As always, your feedback is extremely valuable to us and confirms that we take pride in our southern hospitality and making sure our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. Hope to see you again. Sincerely, Manager, Days Inn Asheville West
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
10.9 km away
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
#47 of 63 in Asheville
11.4 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
8.9 km away
Quality Inn West of Asheville
10.5 km away
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West
27.0 km away
Days Inn Biltmore East
Days Inn Biltmore East
#31 of 63 in Asheville

Been to Days Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK