“Lotta food...”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located adjacent to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, Diamond Shoals Restaurant has been serving up the finest local fare for decades. Known for its friendly atmosphere, fresh seafood and southern hospitality, folks have been coming back to Diamond Shoals, year after year, for its award winning clam chowder and crab bisque, homemade crab cakes, and Hatteras Island's only sushi bar. Enjoy a selection of steaks, sandwiches, the island's largest salad bar, an extensive kids menu, and fresh seafood caught by local fishermen.
Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

We visited in the off season. Consequently many restaurants were closed. Thankful to find an open restaurant we were very pleased with our meals. The yellow fin tuna wrap was delicious and plentiful.

My wife's club was very good and more than she could eat.

Our soups were overall very good tomato basil clam and calm chowder. However, they were not as hot as perferred.

It is a bit pricey ($37 for lunch) but food was abundant

Keith G, Owner at Diamond Shoals, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2015

You should never be left without a hearty meal -- even in the off season! So, I'm glad that your tuna wrap, club sandwich, and those soups could satisfy all your lunch cravings. However, I apologize if your soup wasn't as warm as you would have liked -- had you brought this up at the time, we would have been more than happy to bring you a new bowl. Our prices are based on our portion sizes and top-quality ingredients, so we think we're giving guests the best bang for their buck -- and hope you do, too! Thanks for the review, and I hope to have you back next time you're on the island.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

The food here was very tasty and fresh. The staff was courteous and prepared my take out order in short order.

Keith G, Owner at Diamond Shoals, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Whether you're eating in or taking out, we want each guest to experience the same great food and service, so it was our pleasure to get your order ready so quickly, Ed. Glad your food was fresh and tasty -- I look forward to seeing you back again next time.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

The grouper (grilled) is fantastic. Service was great. Prices were higher than at other places but lower than a few too~ high midrange?

Good food at just the right price -- that's kinda our thing! I'm glad the grilled grouper was such a hit and appreciate your compliment on our service, too. Thanks for giving us a try, and I can't wait to see you back.

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

We went here because of how many people loved the place. We went in and it was just a run down looking place but I don't judge by that. We got our orders in and it was only the two of us. I got the pork chops with fries and coleslaw and my husband got fried oysters with fries and coleslaw. The pork chops came with two and it was 17.99 so I thought it was a good price. The oysters were 22.99 so we hoped for a lot of food. It took over an hour to get our food!! Just two people! And my pork chops had a good flavor but were so dry. The 23 dollar oysters came out and there were 9 fried oysters on the plate. Both had small portions of fries and when we wanted our check it took another half hour! I couldn't believe it. I would not recommend this place.

1  Thank mollyyoung403
Keith G, Owner at Diamond Shoals, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

As I mentioned in my response to your Yelp review, I'm very sorry that we missed the mark for you, Molly. Poor food and service is not something that we want to be known for, and I can assure you that the experience which you described isn't reflective of the standard to which we hold ourselves. If you'd be willing to give us another chance, I'd love the opportunity to show you the top-rate experience that I know we're capable of providing!

All the best,

Reviewed 7 November 2015

Nothing special whatsoever. Overpriced. I could have made a better sandwich at home
for 2 dollars. Not 13. No ambiance at all. Should have known by the tourist trinkets for sale that this place was a skip. I suggest you do the same. From what I have seen 60% of the eateries on the OBX are a joke. Save your money and cook your own food.

Keith G, Owner at Diamond Shoals, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

We're pretty proud of our recipes that have been carefully crafted over the past 20 years, so it's tough to hear that you found our food to be so underwhelming, Jerry. We think that our laid back, casual atmosphere gives our place a bit of charm but can see that you were looking for something a little different in your dining experience. I'd never want a guest to leave our place disappointed and am sorry if that was the case here. If you'd be willing to give us another chance, I'd love another shot to show you the top-rate food that I know we're capable of cookin' up!

All the best,