Outer Banks Motel
US$ 145
  • Pool
Cape Pines Motel(Buxton)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
Sea Gull Motel(Hatteras Island)
US$ 134
US$ 122
US$ 112
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubouter banksamazing familyenclosed porchocean frontefficiency roomhigh tidefull kitchenget awaylove this placefishing tripbit datedwould stay againwi finothing fancycape hatteras national seashorefood lion
Reviewed 8 November 2010

The hotel is a great place to come with friends and go fishing. Great location and within minutes of the Point and other places to fish. Red Drum Tackle is 200 yds down the road and there is a great breakfast/lunch restaurant right across the road. Avon Pier is 8 miles to the north.

This time of year the rates really are cheap compared to summer time. This hotel is a little dated and everything is in need up a fresh coat of paint. However, the rooms are warm and dry. We stayed in room 4 and everything was clean. The bed linens and towels were also clean though old.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bubspeed
Reviewed 13 August 2010

We stayed in a cabin. It was very clean and had everything in there we needed. We had a lagoon in the backyard.That was nice because we fed the turtles.My kids loved that.The cabin was about a mile from the motel which is where the pool and beach is. That was ok.We enjoyed our stay very very much. The ladies there are great. My husband is taking college classes and our laptop did not work there,but that was fine cause they have a pc in the office and they let him do his work Thank goodness for that. We had a great time.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Booked reservations over phone. when we arrived clerk said he had no reservation but put us in another house for same price. Owner did not honor employees agreement. Each time I came to office to settle bill I was given diferent story. When she found time to talk to me, between phone calls, said I did have reservation, she did not know why clerk did not put us in original room. Next day she said i was not supposed to arrive until next day, I informed her that my daughter had made a reservation and she was to arrive that day. Later that day I was told I had not made the reservation for July but for June. After that I was told original rooms would not accommodate my party size. NC law only allows two people per bedroom, yet put seven people in a three bedroom home. She actually told me "Thank God all our customers are not like you" She also told me her employee was not very smart. All this because of a mistake on their part. Make sure you have written confirmation of your reservations although I don't think it would make any difference to staff that doesn't care at all about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank friscogirl6799
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We arrived in Buxton with no lodging reservations on a Friday afternoon. Most establishments had their no vacancy signs lit so both of us thought we'd end up driving back to the mainland sooner than we wanted to, then we saw this place so we gave it a try. We were greeted by a sweet older lady, she had a 1 bungalow for 2 available for the weekend. It was an adorable, clean, newly renovated little place. Decor was bright and airy all done in white and pastel sea blue. Perfect for what we wanted and priced extremely resonable (never expected to pay such a low price in peak season). The light house was around the corner and we found our own private beach where just us 2 basked in the sun the whole weekend!! When in Hatteras you must take in a sunset over the sound, absolutely breath taking!! We found our little nook at the beach now I can't wait till we return!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fezziewhig
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My wife and I, along with 2 friends made reservations 3 months in advance for 2 rooms (1a and 2a) at the outer banks motel in Buxton. We called a day before to confirm our reservations before traveling from central Pennsylvania to buxton NC. When we arrived at the outer banks motel to check in, the owner told us they had no records of us making reservations for 2 rooms and had nothing to offer us... She blamed it on a new employee and said he makes mistakes....... We told her we just traveled 8 hours from Pennsylvania, and called to confirm before we left. Still she was rude, did not help us and acted if it was our fault.
This was the most unorganized motel i have ever TRIED to stay at. Their front office was a mess, and it was clear why something as simple as documenting reservations for customers was a hard task for employees there.
We ended up finding a motel later in the day called the Avon motel which was a relief in our situation. Nothing is more aggravating than worrying about a place to stay on vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple