Cape Hatteras Motel is separated from "civilization" of the developed Nags Head area by about 50 miles of mostly desolate national seashore and wildlife preserve. It is separated from the Atlantic Ocean by a formidable sand dune, to keep it from being battered away by waves during frequent storms. Walk 50 feet to cross the dune and you are on a miles-long beach with exquisite sand (publicly owned if you walk north); walk a mile south to reach a historic lighthouse. Drive a few miles and you have a choice of locally-owned restaurants. The location is great for someone who appreciates being an hour away from chain fast food, big box stores, and acres of pavement. Like the outside of all nearby buildings exposed to this harsh environment of blowing salt spray and sand, the Motel is weathered. In contrast the interior of the room I used was very clean and comfortable (enormous bathroom!), adequately equipped with a fridge and microwave. It was a good base of operations to explore this area for a few days. Owners/managers were friendly and quickly adjusted my reservation when I was delayed in arrival. On my next trip to Hatteras this will again be my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cape Hatteras Motel is located on the oceanfront in Buxton North Carolina. We are located about a mile down the beach from the famous Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. The motel is bordered by the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Atlantic Ocean. The motel has a fresh water pool with a hot tub. When conditions are safe, our beach is great for swimming and surfing. It is also one of the best places in the country to surf fish. We are about ten miles from the marinas at Hatteras Inlet. Boats out of Hatteras have the shortest run to the gulf stream north of Florida. There is also a fishing pier five miles north of Cape Hatteras Motel. We offer oceanfront rooms with either one king or two queen beds. We also offer two bedroom suites, complete with full kitchens.These units are complete with linens and dishes. All units have access to free Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs and air conditioning. Whether you are coming to Cape Hatteras to surf or kite board, windsurf or fish, or maybe to just walk our miles of National Seashore beaches; the Cape Hatteras Motel is the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cape Hatteras Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hotel Buxton
- Cape Hatteras Hotel
- Cape Hatteras Motel Hatteras Island/Buxton, NC