“Prostitute & drug addict central!”

Red Carpet Inn Burlington
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Burlington
Hammonton,NJ
“Prostitute & drug addict central!”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I had to come here for my uncle's funeral with my family. I booked the hotel through priceline thinking the pictures looked decent and being a unexpected trip the price was decent. When arriving at the hotel, the lobby smelled horribly, I can't even describe it, it just reeked. The manager was extremely rude, I had to argue with him for 5 minutes that I had booked and paid for 2 rooms until he decided to flip through his paperwork and realized I was right. All the while a prostitute was standing behind me waiting to book a room with her 'date' outside in his car. Driving around to the rooms, we could not see them from the main entrance, the lobby blocked the view but I wasn't expecting much from my lobby experience. There were many more prostitutes as well as a large number of people drunk & high. The rooms were on differant ends of the hotel, both were supposed to be non smoking, they both smelled like they had a 3 pack a day habit for the life of the hotel. The one bed had blood stains all over the mattress and the furniture was all old and falling apart. Needless to say I walked back to the car went to the lobby and checked out and am still fighting with priceline trying to get my money back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank johndeir
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Spent a weekend here...never again. This was the worst experience I've ever had. There were 3 people in our room, so we ask maid for another towel. Very rudely he replied you already have two towels. We explained that there were 3 of us and he did get one more towel. The next day we were gone all day and returned around 9:30 to find no one had cleaned the room. This meant noclean towles, luckly we had brought pool towels with us. (I was afraid tolet my daughter go to the pool due to unsafe enviroment. All trhough the night different cars would pull up in front of rooms and blow the horn. Again not a safe feeling at all. Room was dingy: Frig. very dirty: Ants all over the sink. When we were leaving my husband complained at front desk and all the woman could say is "he must not of had time to get to your room". I would recomend not staying here it's not worth it at any price. You'll get no rest.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank VirginiaUnhappy2010

Travellers are raving about these Burlington hotels

All over the US
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I've found, by accident, one of the best low cost motels I could imagine.

I like Americas Best Value Inns but his one is extra nice. Friendly and welcoming front desk staff, maids, maintenance and grounds keepers, somebody has taught these folks how to treat a guest with friendliness and respect, couldn't ask for better, and at a great low price.

The room was roomy and clean with easy access and the Motel was quiet my entire stay, slept well and comfortably.

The pool was super clean and well maintained, the grounds are clean, yes some places could use a little paint, but it is an older, less expensive motel, I'm not paying for gold and glitter, but I'm enjoying my stay and the staff are very nice.

My room is clean and everything works well, the maintenance man even came to check my A/C, Heater filters, good staff, clean room, friendly folks.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank AJandEJ
Woonsocket, RI
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I'm not sure what people expect for $31, but I feel as though I got what I paid for...a no-frills room. I took my daughter to visit Elon Univ. and we needed to stay in the area for one night. I found this for $31 (with my AAA) and booked it. It was clean and we got the non-smoking room I asked for (but not the King-sized bed). Front desk staff was pleasant and capable enough...seemed like a family-run business. Didn't have time to check out the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. I did see when I checked in that they had a nice little room for it though. It is a tad noisy b/c of it's easy-on/off highway location, but it didn't disturb our sleep. TV was a bit on the cruddy side and it took us three tries to get the thing to stay on and it occasionally emitted a whining noise, but again...the room was $31 and I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal. Property was attended to with some pretty rose bushes and what appeared to be a nice pool area. It could use a coat of paint and some more sprucing up. I admit, I was slightly nervous driving up, but it turned out to be unfounded and our stay was fine. I would not have stayed here for more than one night, but it was a good place to lay our heads.

• Liked — low price
  • Disliked — slow internet connection
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank gotobednow
Virginia Beach, Va
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Man, talk about a dump. We stayed at this hotel on an Elon Family weekend as pretty much all of Burlington sells out at that time. Half the hotel was not even operational, and those block of rooms that were seemed were filled with the skurge of the earth. When we got home from festivities at the college, people were drinking in their rooms with doors open and spilling out onto the balcony in front. At night, I feared for my familys safety. The room was dirty, old, carpet was nasty, and there were exposed electrical wires in the bathroom from a missing light. Unbelievable that this place continues to pass any kind of zoning laws in the area.
IF THIS IS THE LAST AVAILABLE HOTEL, DO NOT STAY HERE! YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF TRAVELING TO GREENSBORO.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Staying there
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BGrad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
0.3 km away
Comfort Suites
#1 of 2 in Graham
7.6 km away
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington

Been to Red Carpet Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK