“A Breath of Fresh Air”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome to a vacation you'll NEVER forget
View of home and creek looking from South to North Coming in from front door living room & kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View of home and creek looking from South to North
Coming in from front door living room & kitchen
Looking from hallway thru kitchen
Kitchen looking thru to Master bedroom
Master bedroom looking out to the porch
screen porch from Master bedroom over the creek
Master bath one
Walking into Master bathroom
Master bath Jacuzzi bath tub
Hallway with stackable washer/dryer
Master bedroom looking in from the porch
Queen bedroom 1
Queen bedroom 2
Queen bath
View of hot tub and porch from creek area
Hot tub above the creek just waiting for you
What a beautiful place to relax and unwind
Partial view of the scenery from the back porch
The other half of the porch
Your own personal little waterfall. The sound of water falling over the rocks is so calming.
Hot tub above the creek with color changing lights and waterfall
Different colors in the hot tub
Sit in front of the wood burning fire place with a nice cup of hot chocolate before bed.
Oct. 31, 2014 first snowfall of the year. This is the creek in the backyard
First snowfall. Oct. 31, 2014
Snow covered leaves around the waterfall in the creek. Oct. 2014
Winter wonderland in the backyard 2014
Beautiful Fall colors with the snow coming in the background
White water rafting at The Nantahala Outdoor Center
Jet boat rides on Fontana Lake
Tubing in Cherokee
Elk grazing in the fields of The Oconaluftee Visitors Center in Cherokee
Fall train ride on The Great Smoky  Mountain Railroad
Madison's on Main in Bryson City at Christmas time.
5' 4' snowman that my first guests made on the front lawn last Feb. First time seeing snow
Front to backyard last Feb. First guests in the house sent it to me.
3 inches of snow last Feb. Notice the roads are clear. State maintained!!
How about a headliner show or some slots? Harrah's Cherokee Casino is a short drive
took this with my cell phone on a train layover in Dillsboro
Snow falling, peaceful, serene,and welcoming.
Like Mexican food? Guyabitos in town has really good food.
My guests just can't get enough of the creek!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sebastian
“A Breath of Fresh Air”
Reviewed 21 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

This IS the cutest cottage. Comfortable, peaceful, and a breath of pure mountain fresh air.

The beds were very comfortable - even the E-Z beds were above average. EVERYTHHING was supplied on this property.

We had all the cooking items and utensils that we required. Easy access throughout the cottage.

The screened porch seems to be the most popular, as it overlooks a babbling stream, and the hot tub. When the sun shines in, it is warm and soothing, even in the Fall air.

I, personally, enjoyed the peace and quite of where this is located.

The only negative thing is the road leading to the property. It is very winding and on the narrow side, but once one drives it several times, it does become easier.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The creek and screened porch
Liked least: County road - very winding and narrow
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Hi Cherie,
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad you had a nice relaxing time and had everything you needed there. Yes, the roads are winding. Typical mountain roads, but, beautiful too. Being a "flat lander" as us non mountain people are known as, it took me about 3 drives on it to get used to it.... Lol now it's like I've lived there all my life. Thank you for being such great guests. I hope you will consider staying again.
Very Sincerely,
Darla C
“Peaceful!!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I loved how roomy and peaceful it was especially the master bedroom. We left the doors to the patio open every night so we could hear the creek which was just steps away from the cabin. The only negative I had was that the jet tub had to be run several times because it had gunk coming out of it but it worked fine afterwards. I would def recommend if you just want to get away and relax!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the creek
Liked least: we never got the tv in the spare bedroom to work
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Hi Darla,
Thank you very much for your review. I wish you had called me in regards to the jacuzzi bath tub. As it states in the contract that I send and that you signed, that if there is something not working right, broken etc. you need to get in touch with me right away so that it can be taken care of immediately. Apparently the tub wasn't being used, so there was little bit of setiment from the pipes that came out. My housekeeper is on it all the time now. Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate that. I'm glad that you otherwise enjoyed yourselves. Hope you'll keep me in mind for future vacation plans.
JohnK0916
Durham, North Carolina
“Quiet, relaxing getaway”
Reviewed 7 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

From the calming sounds of the rushing creek in the back of the cabin to the cozy comfortableness of the furnishings inside, this place offers it all. Every amenity that we could have needed was present at the cabin, allowing us to relax and enjoy what truly was a nice relaxing vacation. Nancy, it was truly an honor to stay in your home and we look forward to visiting again in the very near future. Thank you for making our vacation one that we will remember forever. ~ John

Hi John and Emily,
Thank you so much for the very nice review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourselves. You were great guests!! I truly look forward to having you both back again. Stay well.
Very Sincerely,
Sarah F
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Best Birthday getaway ever!!!”
Reviewed 21 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

We went to celebrate my birthday. It was the easiest vacation we ever booked! Very clean and everything you need was there. It was nice and cozy relaxing by the fireplace. We also loved the big Jacuzzi in the master bath. We were surprised to see there was free internet and phone there too! We will definitely be booking this place again. This cabin is close to restaurants, stores and lots of attractions to visit. It has all the amenities you could ask for. Thanks Nancy for a great birthday getaway.

26 Jan 2015
Dear Sarah,
Thank You so much for the review. I'm so glad that you had a great time, and by the way, Happy Birthday!! It makes me feel so good knowing my guests are enjoying themselves. I try to make the booking experience as easy as possible. I also feel that it is very important to have everything supplied for my guests too, and that includes easy access to the property. Location is very important as I myself know, that I definitely would not want to be spending more time driving to a place and spend less time visiting it. Happy to know that you will consider coming back to stay again in the future.
Nancy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing