All reviews stay there again nice pool rooms are clean great little place place to sleep wi fi location is great mountains hilltop butt maid
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent spot to see the fireworks on the 4th of July right from the hotel grounds!! 5 min from Bryson. Management was great when I wasn’t pleased with my room, they transferred me to another awesome room!! Annette was the best though, she was friendly and helpful and really made our stay more enjoyable! I would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The TV was very good. The a/c worked well, but only after they changed me to a room with a working a/c. The room was clean and clean-smelling. My room was almost too small for two beds--not much clearance to walk to the bathroom.

It takes so long for the water to get hot that most of my time in the shower was spent without turning on the cold water. The hot and cold handles spewed water from around it. The light over the mirror didn't work. There wasn't even a bulb in it. The ceiling leaked from the bathroom above; I hope it was just the shower and not the toilet overflowing. The toilet wasn't seated so when I sat down, the whole thing shifted. This negated the only place available to set my toothbrush, etc. (toilet tank cover), because then it all falls on the floor.

Not sure what the timing is for getting your room serviced. Probably my fault for not communicating well enough. There is a "Maid Service" sign to put out, but I must not have put it out at the right times both days. Since my room was not serviced, I can't say for sure that the shampoo was overlooked or not provided.

The pool was nice--big enough for decent lap swimming. The pool furniture was fairly new, but it is squared wicker-like that typically requires padding. You will need to bring numerous beach towels of your own to create your own padding to overcome the waffle-butt. There is a tight reign on the room towels of course. The nice pool is somewhat offset by the limited swim hours. The closed sign stays up for what seems like most of the morning. No hours posted.

The WIFI was worthless with only one bar. No breakfast offered, but there are three fast food restaurants at the bottom of the hill.

Room Tip: A view of the mountains may be visible from the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I agree with other people that it is dated. But we found it clean, and we enjoyed our stay with these friendly people. I left my jewerly there, and called to get them to get it for me, and, they held it for me until I could go back to get it. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Penny S
Reviewed 20 May 2018

This place is very nice to stay at. The room was very clean, and quiet. The young couple that own and operate the motel are very nice and helpful. If they, that owns the place had not mentioned the fact that the airport was a three and a half hour drive from there, I probably would have missed my flight, as I thought the airport was a couple of hours away. When I'm in that area again, that's where I'm going to stay. And the price was Very Good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim_Konopka
Reviewed 11 April 2018

My mother and I stayed her on our annual Mother/Daughter weekend and loved it. The room was clean and the staff friendly. We loved the location - up on a hill overlooking Bryson City. Our only negative is that the property is dated. It wasn't a problem though - everything works and works well. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family