“Something fun and different”
Review of Pincu Pottery

Pincu Pottery
Ranked #15 of 34 things to do in Bryson City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Browse the gallery and watch the potter at work. Handcrafted pottery available for sale. My pots are made for use as well as display. Dishwasher and oven safe.
Reviewed 23 November 2011

What a fun experience. Went with my family. Elise was very nice, and patient. Excellent teacher. My kids want to come back.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 October 2011

This is a must if you are in the Bryson City area. Spent two hours as a couple with Elise learning some tricks of the trade and then had a chance to make several items including bowls, mugs and a very creative gnome that is now sitting on my desk at work. Work was glazed and then mailed to our home. Price is very reasonable for what you get. An experience that created some great memories.

3  Thank BrotherBoggs
Reviewed 18 October 2011

She was working on her pottery while we were shopping-took time to talk with us and was very friendly, and even gave us good directions to our next stop.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

My only other experience with clay was making an ashtray at summer camp some 40 years ago. I was skeptical that anyone could help me mold anything out of clay that didn't look, well, childish. I am NOT one to attempt arts or crafts, though I've admired those who can. Elise is a very patient and enthusiastic teacher - and I was frankly amazed when we finished how good all my pieces looked AND how much I enjoyed it all. One sign of a passionate artist is the willingness to share her craft with beginners and Pincu Pottery is a great place to learn the craft. Absolutely the best time and money I've ever spent while on vacation. If you're in the area, give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Preachitbro
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I had thrown pottery 20 years ago and was excited to find someone in the area we were vacationing in that offered a class. The shop is easy to find right off of 74 on SR 28 just south of Bryson City. She had everything ready to go when I got there. Elise is a wonderful teacher and really knows her stuff. Even though it had been 20 years since I had touched clay, I ended up with 2 hand sculpted pieces and 3 thrown bowls. It takes some time for the clay to dry and be fired, so she finishes the pieces for you once you have picked out a glaze. Shipping was nominal. It was great fun. I highly recommend it for a family outing. She has family discount rates. You actually have something you have made yourself to remember your vacation by. If I am in the area again, I will be paying her a visit. I can't wait for my finished pieces to arrive.

1  Thank Dalodie