Hemlock Inn
Sleep Inn Bryson City - Cherokee Area(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$ 89
SleepInn
US$ 75
Hotels.com
Relax Inn(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$ 59
Lloyds on the River Country Inn(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$ 76
Riverbend Lodging(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
US$ 82
Rosewood Inn(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$ 94
US$ 54
Two Rivers Lodge(Bryson City)(Great Value!)
US$ 76
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfamily styleping ponglazy susandeep creekshuffle boardhome cookingred rockersiced tea or lemonadecook bookmeal timeswi fi is availablecheese gritsfamily reunionfellow guestscorn holeson in lawmade from scratch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My wife and I went to the Hemlock Inn, and had such a wonderful time that we want to make it a yearly event. The food was fantastic and the rooms were comfortable. The staff made sure we felt at home and always had a smile. We highly recommend this Inn!

Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at Hemlock Inn for 3 days and it was the highlight of our visit to the grand Smokey Mountains. Great place, great food, great service and wonderful people.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My family and I have been going to the Hemlock Inn for more than 25 years. We first started going when my two sons were young children. The boys loved the Hemlock just as much as my husband and I did and they continued to enjoy the visits through their teenage years and are now taking their own young families.

The Hemlock is not a big, swanky, city hotel. It is a casual family style inn where one of the best parts is getting to relax, meet new people, and eat. At the Hemlock Inn, the scenery is beautiful – from the first peak of the sun over the mountains in the morning to the sunset in the evening. This scenery changes frequently as the mist over the Smoky Mountains moves in and out.

There are huge porches on three sides of the inn lined with rocking chairs and a large sitting room inside for those would want to gather there. There is room in the yard for children to play and run around. On cold mornings or cool rainy days, the big fireplace is filled with a cozy fire for all to gather around and talk. Guest rooms also have comfortable seating for those times when you want some privacy. One former guest room has been turned into a library with books from floor to ceiling. No phones in the rooms and no TV sets help to encourage a quiet, restful, stay and visiting with your own group or new friends. The Hemlock has a large percentage of their guests return year after year. It is a great place for large families to gather for reunions.

The Hemlock serves meals around large tables, seating about 12 at a table. There are huge lazy susans in the middle of the tables filled with a variety of food choices. Breakfast and dinner are included with the price of your room and are always delicious. Conversation around the table includes what everyone did that day and recommendations to table mates of activities for the next day.

When guests stay at the Hemlock, they are treated as friends and are welcomed back as family. I have traveled extensively and this is definitely my very favorite place to stay. I think one's enjoyment of lodging often depends on their expectations. Hopefully, I have given a good picture of the Hemlock so you will know what to expect when you visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The Hemlock Inn is the place to go to get away from it all--they serve two delicious meals a day (breakfast and dinner), which are included in the price of your stay. No phones or tv in the rooms, which really helps with winding down. Best folks ever who own, live on the property, and are your host and hostess.. The rooms are cozy, nothing fancy, but nice and clean--with double top sheets. The rooms were built in the 1950's, so have that mid 20th century charm (and quirks, which is part of the fun of staying here)

Beautiful views from the large porch, complete with rocking chairs. They even have a small reading library. My husband and I have been coming here for annual (and now semi-annual) retreats since 1998. We come back from the Hemlock rested, rejuvenated and relaxed every time.

Sleeping is wonderful--no humming air conditioners, just the mountain breezes lulling you to sleep. I love waking up in the morning here, when you can here the surrouniding woods come alive.

Very Close to town, but located on a property that neighbors the Park, it is both quiet and convenient.

I f you want a "retro" vacation, where the kids play games, or ping pong and you can either zone out or hike or both, then tthis is the place for you

Room Tip: Some rooms have their own porch (ask Mort, the owner) Most rooms have a small riefrigeator in them. The Rondette is a two unit structure, and is like staying in a very nice tree house, complete with kitchenette.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The Hemlock Inn is a favorite destination for our entire family, including our three married daughters and their families. We have been staying at the Inn for 20 years or more. We always find peace and relaxation there, and so appreciate the Christian atmosphere, and the scrumptious food! We love Mort and Laney, have enjoyed watching their sons grow up. It's a place that seems suspended in time, lovely and clean and wholesome. They are very welcoming to kids. Our family speaks of it longingly, saying, "I wish we could go to the Hemlock Inn!"

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family