“The best place on earth!!”
Review of The Inn at Brevard

The Inn at Brevard
Ranked #4 of 5 Brevard B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I loved this place to stay. The leaves were changing and my friends and I decided to stay here. What an amazing staff and crew this place has! And the food was even better!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Nuva
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I am a TripAdvisor aficionado and rarely plan a trip without checking reviews on this website. So, imagine my concern when I found out that my husband had booked us at the Inn at Brevard as a surprise. I immediately came on to this site to look at the reviews and found there are several really negative ones. I anticipated I wasn't going to be thrilled with this B&B. Boy, I could not have been more wrong.

It's a 120 year old inn. It's well maintained and decorated in furniture and accessories that were from the beginning of the 20th century, albeit a little cluttered looking for my taste but very much in keeping with the style of the house.

There are 14 rooms, some in the Main House and some in the 'Annex'. We stayed in the Gentleman's Suite in the main house and never saw the rooms in the Annex. We did, however, have an opportunity to look in nearly every other room in the main house. They all seemed well appointed, each with its own unique style.

The Gentleman's Suite has a queen bed, a sitting area with a settee, chair, TV and gas fireplace. The bathroom seemed to have been recently remodeled and had a spa like feeling, It had a claw foot tub as well as a separate shower and toilet closet. Because it was near the end of the fall season, we paid $150 a night for this room. During peak season it runs for $225 a night.

The Inn at Brevard also offers an outstanding free breakfast from 9-10 each morning as well as free wifi. There is also a very small but fully stocked bar off one of the dining rooms. You are on the 'honor system' when you help yourself to drink in the bar. They also encourage you to help yourself to coffee, tea and sodas located in the kitchen whenever you want.

The very small staff was very attentive. Tammy, the young woman in charge, was exceedingly pleasant and responsive to all requests. When we came back from dinner at the HobNob (great food!) she had the bar open and several guests were hanging out in there having fun.

There is a guest registry in the main hallway. There are pages and pages of favorable comments about guests stay at this Inn. They were very current comments and lots of people indicated this was a return visit for them.

Bed and Breakfasts are not for everyone. We travel the world and often stay in world-class hotels. B&B's are a different sort of experience. It's suppose to be a homey environment and it's just not the same experience you get staying at the Marriott. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RomewardBound
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I've never posted a review of anything online, but my brief experience with this inn so motivated me to do so now. If I'm able to help even one person avoid staying at this place, then I've done at least one good thing for the world.

The other negative reviews written here say it all. I will attest to the fact that the innkeepers could not be less interested or trained in customer service. They seem far more interested in talking to their friends at the inn's bar. They're rude, unprofessional, sloppily dressed and seem to have no idea how to talk to customers, solve problems, and much more which I don't care to get into.

What galls me the most is their unprofessional attitude in their responses to negative reviews! Go ahead - read them. Every single response seems to blame the customer or have some sort of ridiculous excuse. Not once do you ever see "we screwed up and are taking steps to correct the problem." Though even if they did, there are too many problems, too many unsatisfied customers.

Absolute worst inn I've visited in many years of travel. Big mistake not checking them out online first. If you see a reply that says "we're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay", my reply is no you're not. You couldn't care less.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank T G H
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. It was right in the downtown area and was easy to walk around town from here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Took 1 and a half hrs to get room ready, key didn't work for my room and obviously hadn't worked for some time but they had made no attempt to fix it, the shower dripped non-stop,
there were three remotes and no instructions, but worst of all was paper thin walls between
rooms in the main house. You can hear conversation and TV from the next room so you know exactly what they are doing. When I was awakened by the people in the next room and knew I would get no sleep until they decided to go to sleep, I realized I needed to leave @ 1AM
so I could get sleep, the management was extremely rude and unresponsive. These folks only care about getting your money, don't let the decorations fool you, it is no longer a gem!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank DLG1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brevard
5.7 km away
26.1 km away
Brook Trout Inn
Brook Trout Inn
#1 of 2 in Sapphire

Been to The Inn at Brevard? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK